• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Help with excessive amount on closed hdfc card

Survivor35

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I have 72k excessive stuck in closed hdfc credit card and have been moved in circles by hdfc customer care without any resolution.

What can be done.

nomad

TF Premier
+1 for RBI Ombudsman

If you have the last statement or NOC where they detail charges, just attach that
It should be proof enough along with any recorded conversations that you has with HDFC support

I have 72k excessive stuck in closed hdfc credit card and have been moved in circles by hdfc customer care without any resolution.

What can be done.
How this much amount stuck in a closed card? Any refund after card closure?

Once I had 11k of excess amount in a closed credit card, amount was a refund of cancelled ticket. I contacted customer care and they helped to get full amount in account within 3 days

Survivor35

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
How this much amount stuck in a closed card? Any refund after card closure?

Once I had 11k of excess amount in a closed credit card, amount was a refund of cancelled ticket. I contacted customer care and they helped to get full amount in account within 3 days
its 72k ,refunded not yet initiated.since it got closed.they have been making me go in circles

Yeat

TF Buzz
How you raised request? By mail?

Try to raise this request like this 👇👇👇

I did like this and got my 11 thousand without any problem.
Remember, I cancelled my tickets 2 months later of closing my card. I didn't face any problem
Screenshot_2024-01-09-06-35-00-07_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
I had a HDFC card which I closed like 8 years back and it still shows 250 excess balance. Never bothered because amount was small but will try above to just see if it works on such an old card

Attachments

• IMG_20240109_133555.jpg
    IMG_20240109_133555.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 15
I had a HDFC card which I closed like 8 years back and it still shows 250 excess balance. Never bothered because amount was small but will try above to just see if it works on such an old card
If you didn't take that money within 10 years, this amount will be transferred to RBI's DEA fund... All unclaimed amount's final destination will be there only

I also claimed excess amount of Rs 250 from ICICI Bank. It was remaining unclaimed for almost 5 years and when ICICI Bank sent message, I came to know about RBI's DEA fund