• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

“Seeking Advice: Transitioning from HDFC Money Back Business Card to Regular Card – Which Existing Card Should I Use for Reapply in Future?”

varun@0145

TF Buzz
Current Situation:
I currently hold an HDFC Money Back Business Card with a limit of ₹60,000, which I’ve had for the past year. However, there hasn’t been any limit enhancement on the card during this time. As I am currently employed and not running a business, I no longer require a business card and am interested in switching to a regular credit card.

Plan:
I’m considering closing my HDFC Money Back Business Card and reapplying for a HDFC millennia credit card after 3-6 months using a card-to-card basis.

Existing Credit Cards and Limits:

1. Amazon Pay: ₹4.20 lakh
2. ICICI Coral RuPay: ₹2.50 lakh
3. SBI Cashback Card: ₹1.16 lakh
4. IDFC Select Card: ₹2.0 lakh
5. Yes Bank Elite: ₹1.13 lakh
6. RBL Play: ₹1.40 lakh
7. Kotak zen card : ₹1.85 lakh
8. Au Bank lit card: 4.20 lakh
9. Amex: ₹50,000

Question:
when I can apply for a new card after closing my current one. Additionally, which above mentioned bank's card should I use for card-to-card application purpose.

Last edited:
Should mention what you wanna use it for, your expectations etc and spending pattern/numbers to get a better recommendation
I typically spend on online shopping and travel categories mostly i spend 2-3 lakh on shopping and upto 1lakh on travels per year , and I'm curious about when I can apply for a new card after closing my current one. Additionally, which above mentioned bank's card should I use for card-to-card application purpose.

Considering your spends, you can probably only get Millennia. But even that I'm not sure of, since you already have Cashback card and Amazon Pay.

Current Situation:
I currently hold an HDFC Money Back Business Card with a limit of ₹60,000, which I’ve had for the past year. However, there hasn’t been any limit enhancement on the card during this time. As I am currently employed and not running a business, I no longer require a business card and am interested in switching to a regular credit card.

Plan:
I’m considering closing my HDFC Money Back Business Card and reapplying for a regular HDFC credit card after 3-6 months using a card-to-card basis.

7. Kotak: ₹1.85 lakh
8. Amex: ₹50,000

Question:
Which of my existing credit cards should I use to apply for the HDFC credit card?
Close your card first ..
Apply c2c via sbi card for Millniea .
If you have bank account u can maintain balance

Current Situation:

Plan:
I’m considering closing my HDFC Money Back Business Card and reapplying for a regular HDFC credit card after 3-6 months using a card-to-card basis.

7. Kotak: ₹1.85 lakh
8. Amex: ₹50,000

Question:
Which of my existing credit cards should I use to apply for the HDFC credit card?
If amex is 6 months old, ask them to increase limit. They can do it over call. If successful for LE, then use it for hdfc millenia

Else follow his advice👇
Close your card first ..
Apply c2c via sbi card for Millniea .
If you have bank account u can maintain balance

Back