• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

1st ever credit card - chances of approval without income documents.

shivkumar

TF Select
A friend of mine wants to apply for his first ever credit card.. he files income tax return.. I wanted to ask what are the chances of his AMEX application getting approved without income documents.. has anyone here on similar boat got the AMEX card..

Some friends of mine have gotten Amex as their first card.

But if the CIBIL is low or non-existent then that's a red flag and shouldn't be applied for.
Rest depends on the credit profile of the user.

My friend works for an MNC and salary package is 40LPA. He has a HDFC regalia card since ages. Has taken car loan and repaid promptly.

He applied for an Amex platinum travel through my referral and it was rejected. CIBIL history was the reason given. He checked CIBIL and score is non-existent! He is quite flabbergasted now, how there is no CIBIL score even though he uses credit card & has paid loans.

My friend works for an MNC and salary package is 40LPA. He has a HDFC regalia card since ages. Has taken car loan and repaid promptly.

He applied for an Amex platinum travel through my referral and it was rejected. CIBIL history was the reason given. He checked CIBIL and score is non-existent! He is quite flabbergasted now, how there is no CIBIL score even though he uses credit card & has paid loans.
It happened with a friend of mine too. I had Flipkart pay later during college days and CIBIL as well. But a friend who had Flipkart and Amazon pay later didn't have any cibil history. Then he created an cibil account and surprisingly cibil started generating report with correct credit age.

Back