• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

811 Super Savings Account Benefits

Contacted Kotak customer care about this eligibility nonsense and they told me that internally they have a "Classification" system for each customer. For people having just an 811 account (New to Bank), the classification is also "811". Since I also have Everyday Savings account, my classification is "Kotak One". Therefore 811 Super is not possible. They also said changing the classification is not possible as it is determined by the relationship we have with the bank (which savings account products, which credit cards, prepaid cards etc). There are other classifications too such as "Kotak Edge" or "Privy League" etc

Last edited:
There is a contactless option now in Kotak811 app under card controls.
All the options are independent. I'm also wondering how you can make contactless payment without enabling POS.
I don't have any idea about 811 dedicated app because I am not able to login but in general app, named as Kotak Mahindra Banking App, available for all, one can see Separate Tokenization (for G-pay, Paytm, Samsung Pay...) and Contactless (for physical) option in Card Control, if one has physical card also.

Whereas in case of virtual card only, one can only see Tokenization only, physical card is not available and hence no contactless.
IMG_20241022_185559_136.webp

Last edited:
Can I open 811 account for my mom and father with my mobile number in both accounts
Generally, the mobile number is automatically fetched from the Aadhaar card. Also, there are two issues.

First, not everyone is able to open an 811 account.

Second, even if you manage to open the 811 account, there's another issue: upgrading it to 811 Super.

Loot from your own account mate, don't bother your parents for it.

Generally, the mobile number is automatically fetched from the Aadhaar card. Also, there are two issues.

First, not everyone is able to open an 811 account.

Second, even if you manage to open the 811 account, there's another issue: upgrading it to 811 Super.

Loot from your own account mate, don't bother your parents for it.
I don't want 811 super account. I just want to open my mom and father account with my mobile number. Only purpose is for IPO application

Try adding on some some apps like Paytm, Samsung Wallet (if available).
Already tried samsung wallet. Not working. Just now tried on Amazon for a small purchase. Not working. I think its because my mobile number has not been updated in their systems. I got an email during the day that mobile number and email will be linked within 24 hours. Maybe thats not done yet. Do they send any confirmation once mobile number is updated?

Already tried samsung wallet. Not working. Just now tried on Amazon for a small purchase. Not working. I think its because my mobile number has not been updated in their systems. I got an email during the day that mobile number and email will be linked within 24 hours. Maybe thats not done yet. Do they send any confirmation once mobile number is updated?
Had you also tried making UPI txn also? It got failed?

Check under profile section, mobile number and email address along with residence address should be visible. The step is as per main Mobile Banking App, since I am not able to login into 811 app, can't guide for that app.

If you're mobile number hasn't linked to your account yet then how could you able to login into the app in the first place, impossible. Seems there's some issue, try tomorrow and let us know.

24hrs could be max time to get account activated or ready for use. But usually it happens with couple of mins after KYC.

Had you also tried making UPI txn also? It got failed?

Check under profile section, mobile number and email address along with residence address should be visible. The step is as per main Mobile Banking App, since I am not able to login into 811 app, can't guide for that app.

If you're mobile number hasn't linked to your account yet then how could you able to login into the app in the first place, impossible. Seems there's some issue, try tomorrow and let us know.

24hrs could be max time to get account activated or ready for use. But usually it happens with couple of mins after KYC.
Just tried sending money through UPI. It went through. I can see my mobile number, email, and address under personal details. Can 811 users also register for Kotak netbanking? When I tried doing it at kotak.com, it said mobile number missing for my CRN.

Back