• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

A friend of Mine need to buy iPhone 13/14..throught electronics retailers

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
A friend of mine needs to buy an iPhone 13 or 14 physically only. He bought an iPhone 14 through Amazon, but the warranty was only until September 2024, so just 7.5 months. He called Amazon, and someone managed to arrange for the phone pickup. Now, he has trust issues with Amazon/Flipkart, and his anniversary is on Tuesday. he would be using my Infinia. he have ICICI Amazon Pay, Au Zenith,Amex plat Travel,onecard, Axis Select & Myzone.

D₹V

TF Prestige
A friend of mine needs to buy an iPhone 13 or 14 physically only. He bought an iPhone 14 through Amazon, but the warranty was only until September 2024, so just 7.5 months. He called Amazon, and someone managed to arrange for the phone pickup. Now, he has trust issues with Amazon/Flipkart, and his anniversary is on Tuesday. he would be using my Infinia. he have ICICI Amazon Pay, Au Zenith,Amex plat Travel,onecard, Axis Select & Myzone.
Since he has trust issues with Flipkart/Amazon.

He won't trust imagine/tresor stores on smartbuy too 🤭.

Only way is purchasing offline from apple store BKC.

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
Since he has trust issues with Flipkart/Amazon.

He won't trust imagine/tresor stores on smartbuy too 🤭.

Only way is purchasing offline from apple store BKC.
croma n vijay sales are there but price is higher.. so as far i know someone on twitter mentioned Croma will match the price with Amazon if you ask but that was a while ago so not sure. and Apple BKC will ask the amount iPhone 14 was launched at.. he won't be buying from there for sure.

QUIKSILVER27

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Ideally if only offline is an option he should use his Amex plat travel at any of the offline stores directly, will be better than using Infinia offline

varun__goel_

TF Legend
But how is the warranty less than a year? Have the send a used unit?

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
But how is the warranty less than a year? Have the send a used unit?
he said he opened the box and kept it cause the phone it for his wife and he use iPhone 14 pro, so out of blue he was like let check for warranty since phone isn't switched on so through serial number he looked on apple support and found warranty end on sep 2024. that what he told me.

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
Ideally if only offline is an option he should use his Amex plat travel at any of the offline stores directly, will be better than using Infinia offline
what would be benefit for just 50k-60k purchase he won't be able to complete 4 lakhs purchase in a year so he would cancel the plat travel.. he interested in Cashback only or instant Cashback.

Yugi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
he said he opened the box and kept it cause the phone it for his wife and he use iPhone 14 pro, so out of blue he was like let check for warranty since phone isn't switched on so through serial number he looked on apple support and found warranty end on sep 2024. that what he told me.
I am not very sure, but once you register the new device with Apple, the warranty gets automatically updated, or you can call their customer support and send bill warranty will be applicable from date of purchase. The same will happen even if he buys the phone offline. Check with Apple Customer care once, they will help him out.

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
I am not very sure, but once you register the new device with Apple, the warranty gets automatically updated, or you can call their customer support and send bill warranty will be applicable from date of purchase. The same will happen even if he buys the phone offline. Check with Apple Customer care once, they will help him out.
oh yeah that make sense but with him a thing happened, asked friend who was in US to get iPhone 14 pro and he did, what he said the warranty wasn't showing on on iPhone it was blank so he called Iphone USA around 6 pm later and warranty had 2 month less than it should be for some reason. so he is kind of knew back of his mind and amazon did tried to pay if anything happen seller will help you out and even said will exchange for new device but color he brought was OOS.

QUIKSILVER27

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
what would be benefit for just 50k-60k purchase he won't be able to complete 4 lakhs purchase in a year so he would cancel the plat travel.. he interested in Cashback only or instant Cashback.
yes.. in that case no use if he's not targeting the Plat travel milestone.. best case would be to buy vouchers from smartbuy Gyftr for Croma or Vijay sales for the best offline deal thru Infinia..