• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Accor Live Limitless - Queries

Ace87

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Hi

As we all know, Accor is one of the best transfer partners of Axis miles transfer as of now.

Considering the above, had few queries. Hope someone could shed some light on this.

1. Can we book rooms for someone else using the Accor points.
2. Can we book multiple rooms if the owner of the account is travelling as well. Basically book rooms for my entire family by using my points.
3. Have heard you can use points for everything and not just rooms. For eg food, activities, spa, hotel transfers etc. Could someone confirm the same.
4. Can we dine at the Accor hotels (like Novotel) using points without staying there.

These are few things that come to my mind. Please do add any other features of using the Accor points I'm not aware of as well.

Appreciate all the help as always.

Thanks

Hi

As we all know, Accor is one of the best transfer partners of Axis miles transfer as of now.

Considering the above, had few queries. Hope someone could shed some light on this.

1. Can we book rooms for someone else using the Accor points.
2. Can we book multiple rooms if the owner of the account is travelling as well. Basically book rooms for my entire family by using my points.
3. Have heard you can use points for everything and not just rooms. For eg food, activities, spa, hotel transfers etc. Could someone confirm the same.
4. Can we dine at the Accor hotels (like Novotel) using points without staying there.

These are few things that come to my mind. Please do add any other features of using the Accor points I'm not aware of as well.

Appreciate all the help as always.

Thanks

1. I don't think it's allowed by the rules. But it's more dependent on the property and few will complain about getting revenue.
2. Yes
3. For food redemption rate is 1000 points / 10 EUR. I don't know but assume rate for rest is the same.
4. Yes

So real value is in room bookings unless you have miles to throw around for food etc.

1. I don't think it's allowed by the rules. But it's more dependent on the property and few will complain about getting revenue.
2. Yes
3. For food redemption rate is 1000 points / 10 EUR. I don't know but assume rate for rest is the same.
4. Yes

So real value is in room bookings unless you have miles to throw around for food etc.
Thanks for the above. But Room rate redemption is also 2000pts/ 20 Euro. So isn't the value for food same as room?

I have 5,00,000 magnus points. Whats the best way to distribute them? I earn 2,00,000 points monthly.

You're spending 60 lakhs a month on your Magnus? Obviously something is wrong with your calculations there. But you can figure that out.

Irrespective of how many points your earning DO NOT transfer until either :
1. your points are expiring in your Axis account OR
2. you have a specific redemption in mind

You're spending 60 lakhs a month on your Magnus? Obviously something is wrong with your calculations there. But you can figure that out.

Irrespective of how many points your earning DO NOT transfer until either :
1. your points are expiring in your Axis account OR
2. you have a specific redemption in mind
25 lakhs approximate spending monthly. I am worried because a close friend of mine had 25 lakh points and they were all wiped out saying transactions are business.

25 lakhs approximate spending monthly. I am worried because a close friend of mine had 25 lakh points and they were all wiped out saying transactions are business.

How will moving them out help you then? If Axis claws back your points and you have 0 points in your account, then you points will go to negative 5 lakh or 10 lakh or whatever the case maybe. Which is a debt you will have to clear with Axis anyways.

If you're thinking of proactively closing your card now - move it to a airmiles program that doesn't expire like UA and maybe some to Marriott (this will expire without qualifying activity). Will that help - I don't know... others with more experience and insight can comment.

Last edited:
if you want to sell some magnus points let me know
I don't want to. Because I love to travel and I find these points to be less sometimes. I transfer as soon as I get the points. My card is not even 3 months old. I have points collected in UA, Turkish, Accor, ITC, Vistara and Krisflyer. You never know when one has to go somewhere. So I always keep backup. Can someone recommend me how to get Reserve? Its not even 3 months since I got Magnus.

Why will they claw back the points?
How will moving them out help you then? If Axis claws back your points and you have 0 points in your account, then you points will go to negative 5 lakh or 10 lakh or whatever the case maybe. Which is a debt you will have to clear with Axis anyways.

If you're thinking of proactively closing your card now - move it to a airmiles program that doesn't expire like UA and maybe some to Marriott (this will expire without qualifying activity). Will that help - I don't know... others with more experience and insight can comment.

Back