• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Account was opened through branch, but SB kit will be sent through Bluedart. Will I be able to get a Credit card in a non-servicable area?

AsB

TF Legend
I opened account for IDFC First bank (25k balance) on 18 June 2022, and video KYC was completed. I have already received an SMS that my account was converted to full KYC account, after around 5 hours of Video KYC.
But, still I cannot register for Internet banking and Mobile Banking. In addition, I cannot link my account to PayTM or Phonepe. I know that I cannot set UPI Pin without getting the debit card, but the apps should be able to detect my account linked to my mobile number.
Since Banks have holiday tomorrow, I want to know how long does it take to complete the account opening process with ALL the above facilities.

Update -

Turns out, even though I had created a regular savings account, the system auto-converted to a salary account . In addition, there were some errors in the signature during VKYC, due to which KYC was pending. I visited the branch, and they closed this account, and instantly opened a new one.

Now my question is :-

The area that I currently have, is not servicable for Credit Card. So, since I have opened an account, will they give me one now?

Last edited:
I opened account for IDFC First bank (25k balance) on 18 July 2022, and video KYC was completed. I have already received an SMS that my account was converted to full KYC account, after around 5 hours of Video KYC.
But, still I cannot register for Internet banking and Mobile Banking. In addition, I cannot link my account to PayTM or Phonepe. I know that I cannot set UPI Pin without getting the debit card, but the apps should be able to detect my account linked to my mobile number.
Since Banks have holiday tomorrow, I want to know how long does it take to complete the account opening process with ALL the above facilities.
Try to contact branch or customer care representative

I opened account for IDFC First bank (25k balance) on 18 July 2022, and video KYC was completed. I have already received an SMS that my account was converted to full KYC account, after around 5 hours of Video KYC.
I think you meant 18th June, similar thing happened to me , they told to wait for 5 working days.

Reactions: AsB
Back