• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Advice on Joining a Coaching Center at 31: Will Age Be an Issue?

SMS91

TF Buzz
Hi guys, I am a 31-year-old tuition teacher planning to take the state PSC examinations. I’m thinking about going to a coaching center, but everyone there is between 20 and 25 years old. What do you guys think about it? Will I look out of place in a coaching center with younger people? Even though I’m posting this on a "just for fun" thread, I really hope for genuine opinions. (My job hours are early morning and evening, so there’s no problem with my current job.)

Hi guys, I am a 31-year-old tuition teacher planning to take the state PSC examinations. I’m thinking about going to a coaching center, but everyone there is between 20 and 25 years old. What do you guys think about it? Will I look out of place in a coaching center with younger people? Even though I’m posting this on a "just for fun" thread, I really hope for genuine opinions. (My job hours are early morning and evening, so there’s no problem with my current job.)
Due to state pcs higher age limit !
People are mostly 25+

Because most of them tried for upsc someday

If you join any coaching- I know u are fearing fomo

There is 2 thing you must be prepared for if you join any coaching for any exam
Since u teacher yourself u know better

1- connection with teacher - makes you feel you are valued here and you enjoy going back everyday ( this is necessary) you can build by being the top gun or the following footsteps guy

2- you can be so good that u build an aura arround you so postive everyone join you as friend

Or you can join someone else aura who is dominating the class atmosphere

I'm totally going in a different career direction after 7 years in software testing. I'm 29. And I've joined a full stack developer course and many of my classmates are 25 and below. Anyway it's online, so it doesn't matter much but still that will be there in the back of your mind.
But what matters is "YOU", and what you wanna do.

Back