• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Vistara Card Agent applied for the wrong card

arjun697

TF Select
I received a call from Axis agent and after confirming this was a genuine Axis account, I gave the go ahead to proceed with the Axis application. They wanted to initially issue a Rupay card but I said I'm not interested in anything other than the Vistara cards. To which they confirmed, it wouldn't be an issue based on credit history and cards in hand. I told them specifically Vistara Signature, the card with 3k annual fees.
They collected all the details in the next 15 minutes and after submitting they sent a screenshot saying Vistara Platinum application has been submitted. I told this lady multiple times, apply for the card with 3k annual fees and she said since that card was more expensive, she applied for the cheaper Vistara. She said this would be approved or is approved. I already got the CIBIL notification for the enquiry.

What should I do? I have an SBI Vistara Prime with me, I needed the Axis Vistara Signature to compliment the SBI after the 4.5L spends. Will taking a lower variant Vistara card affect my Vistara account?

Or first priority would be to check if I can have the correct card issued or have this application rejected? If they issue this card, can I just reject this by not paying annual fees or not activating it? Or if there is any other checks which they do, I don't mind trying my best to fail it.

Currently maintain zero relationship with Axis and all I see usually are horror stories of dealing with their customer care.

Actually Axis Bank customer care is excellent, although not as good as Amex, but much better than SBI and many others.

If you phone them to cancel your card before activating it, you will not be charged any fees and you will not receive the free flight.

If you don't use the card within 30 days of delivery, the card will get auto-cancelled.
(as per the RBI policy)

Having a cheaper variant wouldn't affect your Vistara membership tier and any points and flight vouchers accumulated using this card can be collectively used with the other Vistara card.

Thank you for clarifying :) I got the text notification for video KYC couple of times. So irrespective of what the agent said, this application still isn't fully approved. I'm guessing if the video KYC isn't completed, this application won't proceed and will be eventually rejected which is fine by me.

Reactions: R@J
Thank you for clarifying :) I got the text notification for video KYC couple of times. So irrespective of what the agent said, this application still isn't fully approved. I'm guessing if the video KYC isn't completed, this application won't proceed and will be eventually rejected which is fine by me.
Email Axis CC (pno) and ask them if they can change the application to the card you want. If they're unable to, they'll cancel the current application and give you a link to apply for the card you want.

Without VKYC card won't be issued but it won't get marked as cancelled either. Post the VKYC duration you'll be pestered by local agents who will keep asking you to get in person KYC done by them. So better get it sorted out.

@arjun697 On a side note -> One thought process for going ahead with the card, the combo would help you collect Premium economy as well as Economy award seats, which will ensure that your chances of getting a seat in either of the two cabins is increased. These days, it is bit difficult to get award seats, and also for some flights, Vistara runs economy only cabins, so can use the economy flights for those flights.

As far as i know, the vistara tier will be maintained of from the higher variant ie- silver status will be maintained due to SBI Prime, and you will get all silver benefits (like extra 5 kg, etc) on the economy award seats as well [However, just double check with Vistara care to be sure].

Reason for not going ahead -> if you want only and only Premium Economy award seats.

Email Axis CC (pno) and ask them if they can change the application to the card you want. If they're unable to, they'll cancel the current application and give you a link to apply for the card you want.

Without VKYC card won't be issued but it won't get marked as cancelled either. Post the VKYC duration you'll be pestered by local agents who will keep asking you to get in person KYC done by them. So better get it sorted out.
Thank you! This seems like the better option itself. They already started spamming with the VKYC text every 4-5 hours. Will mail them now.

@arjun697 On a side note -> One thought process for going ahead with the card, the combo would help you collect Premium economy as well as Economy award seats, which will ensure that your chances of getting a seat in either of the two cabins is increased. These days, it is bit difficult to get award seats, and also for some flights, Vistara runs economy only cabins, so can use the economy flights for those flights.

As far as i know, the vistara tier will be maintained of from the higher variant ie- silver status will be maintained due to SBI Prime, and you will get all silver benefits (like extra 5 kg, etc) on the economy award seats as well [However, just double check with Vistara care to be sure].

Reason for not going ahead -> if you want only and only Premium Economy award seats.
Ah this isn't too bad of an option. However as my usage of award flights were limited to COK - DEL/BOM, I didn't face much issues with availability on this sector in the past. But having the option of economy tickets does serve as a backup.
I checked my SBI Vistara usage for the year yesterday and it's around 6L plus with a month to go. Ideally, I had to hope to stop using this post 4.5L with the balance on an alternative card which is why I was only focussed on Axis.
Will get this tier difference also confirmed from Vistara in the process.

Ah this isn't too bad of an option. However as my usage of award flights were limited to COK - DEL/BOM, I didn't face much issues with availability on this sector in the past. But having the option of economy tickets does serve as a backup.
I checked my SBI Vistara usage for the year yesterday and it's around 6L plus with a month to go. Ideally, I had to hope to stop using this post 4.5L with the balance on an alternative card which is why I was only focussed on Axis.
Will get this tier difference also confirmed from Vistara in the process.
glad to be of help! The tier thing should also work out in your favour, 99%!

glad to be of help! The tier thing should also work out in your favour, 99%!
Quick update: I got the Axis Vistara Platinum itself and Vistara account still shows Silver status due to the SBI Vistara Prime I hold. This card is good enough for the annual fee and the complimentary flight ticket.

• Lovely
Quick update: I got the Axis Vistara Platinum itself and Vistara account still shows Silver status due to the SBI Vistara Prime I hold. This card is good enough for the annual fee and the complimentary flight ticket.
Awesome!! :love:
Have a rewarding journey with your CC combo...literally ;)

Back