• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Airalo vs OnePlus O-Roaming

hritiksakshi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Planning a trip this summer to Europe.

I will be traveling 5 countries in Schengen region specifically

Both Airalo and O.Roaming (OnePlus) are e Sim providers that offer data plans for international travel.

Anyone has experience with them?

I have short layovers at Istanbul and Abu Dhabi. should i get one of these?

or any other options?

My suggestion, get a local sim, for data (i use it for maps and travel apps, more cheaper comparitively.

For india calling, use skype india calling prepaid. Or just use free whatsapp calling.

Incoming sms will come free in your mob, as long as you keep your sim ON and roaming ON.

Tried and tested with Airtel prepaid and VI prepaid.

Last edited:

Both Airalo and O.Roaming (OnePlus) are e Sim providers that offer data plans for international travel.

or any other options?
I have used Oppo O-Roaming (Malaysia & Langkawi) and Airalo (Ireland, UK, Singapore, Georgia). Both works well. But you get great offers on Airalo and the network tie-ups they have are pretty good.
For Airalo you need to have a phone with esim functionality. For Oppo ORoaming (I think it's the same tech used for the Oneplus too) it doesnt need esim functionality.
Incase you go with Airalo, use my referral, we both get benefits. Referral Code : RAF4397

Which local sim u d recommend?
My suggestion, get a local sim, for data (i use it for maps and travel apps, more cheaper comparitively.

For india calling, use skype india calling prepaid. Or just use free whatsapp calling.

Incoming sms will come free in your mob, as long as you keep your sim ON and roaming ON.

Tried and tested with Airtel prepaid and VI prepaid.

Any, depends on how many days u touring. Can get any tourist sim from those airport kios.

You can also make a list of places you will visit, and see what cellular service works best in those areas.
Do not get aimcards from the airport as its always very costly. Omce you step out of the airport go to a local shop and get the sim card. Its always cheaper

If it is very short trip then you can consider activating international roaming on your primary sim. It will be easy for your family to reach you out easily. In cases where they need to call you on your mobile number, calling the international number can be a trouble sometimes, they have enable international calling which is not straight forward sometimes.

The trip is for Schengen region.

3 D france
6-7 days swiss
3 days Austria
3 days Prague
2 days budapest.

Was looking for an allround sim without having to keep changing in different countries

or any other options?
Any idea how OnePlus roaming works? I see this option in my device too. But Google tells me my device doesn't support esim. So, how exactly this data works without esim?

Back