• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Airtel axis blocked just after approval

manikP

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I have axis my zone, axis Ace credit card and India Oil Premium which was migrated from CITI.

On 22 July I applied for Axis Airtel card and after a week my card was approved and it started showing up in my mobile banking app.(Physical card not delivered)

Today I received a call from Axis bank stating that my application got approved by mistake and they will be blocking my card since I cannot hold more than 3 cards.

Any solution to this? Can I do anything here to prevent it? Anybody else faced similar situation?

I have axis my zone, axis Ace credit card and India Oil Premium which was migrated from CITI.

On 22 July I applied for Axis Airtel card and after a week my card was approved and it started showing up in my mobile banking app.(Physical card not delivered)

Today I received a call from Axis bank stating that my application got approved by mistake and they will be blocking my card since I cannot hold more than 3 cards.

Any solution to this? Can I do anything here to prevent it? Anybody else faced similar situation?
Axis only allows 3 cards per customer now. So you need to close one to get another

Always a new fun story when it comes to Axis.
Well you should have applied for airtel axis before migration, people are holding 4-5 cards now.

Had a detailed conversation with customer care, this issue happened as their system has still not processed migration of citi completely and it only considered 2 cards at the time of my approval. Now they are checking for total card count before dispatching.

Then he mentioned in a few weeks, all the customers holding more than 3 cards after citi migration will start getting calls to close their cards and only keep 3 max.

For me they have dispatched my airtel card for now and tomorrow I'll have to give my confirmation on which card I want to close. As their card closure team has left for the day.

Had a detailed conversation with customer care, this issue happened as their system has still not processed migration of citi completely and it only considered 2 cards at the time of my approval. Now they are checking for total card count before dispatching.

Then he mentioned in a few weeks, all the customers holding more than 3 cards after citi migration will start getting calls to close their cards and only keep 3 max.

For me they have dispatched my airtel card for now and tomorrow I'll have to give my confirmation on which card I want to close. As their card closure team has left for the day.
Existing Axis Bank customers i know who hold 4 cc with approvals
Hope this 4 card ppl also will be forced into closing of any one card strictly

Just tell firmly that you want to keep all. I have four axis core cards and I also got a similar call and did the same. Some people even have 5 axis core cards. If you apply a premium card as fourth and fifth card it will get approved in axis but if you apply a basic card it will get declined. But remember apply after three months

Back