• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Almost lost a 5+ years long streak | Looking for cred Alternative

ankit_tf

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
This was a close call. I mean, really close.

Screenshot 2024-07-22 at 1.06.52 AM.webp

I was just looking for alternative to Cred, going through community posts, but found mostly focused on rewards. However, I see those meager 0.00000000000000000001% cashbacks (not literally, but yeah ) worthless of my efforts. I just want to ensure that the bill payment is done more reliably (Cred has failed me twice in last year) and conveniently (I have 7 cards so...)

but what's stopping me to exit cred is the instant settlement. Few minutes ago I was looking to find other options, while at it, I thought of checking cred once, it showed "bill due today", panicked, looked at the clock, less than 4 mins to go, so didn't even bother selecting payment options, thus cred registered me with UPI (again), and voila !!! payment was done, I mean, I even got payment confirmation from HDFC within 2 mins, which is not possible through banking platforms in my experience.

is there really an option better / faster than cred? or I will forever be hooked to this app ? any suggestions ?

That’s where CRED is winning the game. Reminders and Instant settlement. Many are facing issues with SBI UNIPAY and even HDFC bill pay sometimes. HDFC can be trusted by giving 5 days atleast before the due date else just go with CRED, because missing the payment to CC is much bigger than the rewards we get by paying the bill.

Yes, there might be other options but reliability and instant settlement is CRED power.

That’s where CRED is winning the game. Reminders and Instant settlement. Many are facing issues with SBI UNIPAY and even HDFC bill pay sometimes. HDFC can be trusted by giving 5 days atleast before the due date else just go with CRED, because missing the payment to CC is much bigger than the rewards we get by paying the bill.

Yes, there might be other options but reliability and instant settlement is CRED power.
Man toh bahut hai bolne ka…

But Ab aapse kya bol sakte..

Aap moderator hai..

Somewhere I noted that even if payment confirmation comes late, debit date is taken for settlement. Is it true for Credit cards? If yes, should this not work for payments done 1-2 days before due dates?

Yes , CRED is most reliable and fast.
Paytm is also quite reliable and fast when it comes to settlement.
With all banks shifting to BBPS, and cred also shifting to BBPS, the difference between cred and other platforms is going to be minimal.
Google pay and Amazon are other good options.

Here, I never registered for Cred and won't. Happy settling bills 3-5 days in advance since Jan this. Before that auto-pay was enough.

Unipay is new in game and will take time. Till now with Unipay, only once faced failed payment of Rs.500 that too due to BBPS downtime. So success rate is 99.50%. With JioFin it is 100% till now. But won't trust them on final day of due date(if ever fall in such situation) and pay directly on bank site. :)

Yes , CRED is most reliable and fast.
Paytm is also quite reliable and fast when it comes to settlement.
With all banks shifting to BBPS, and cred also shifting to BBPS, the difference between cred and other platforms is going to be minimal.
Google pay and Amazon are other good options.

Paytm is good (haven't tried cc bill payment) but it's customer support is bad. Cred's payment failure is very minimal, if I remember correctly, in last 4+ years it only failed twice (and I think just once the money got stuck in refund cycle). So I trust cred more for payment, this trust only comes from experience (4+years now). And as I already use phonepe for payments, so not very eager to try paytm.

But as u said it's all moving to bbps so may I should wait until the transition and then try with bbps of my bank or phonepe.

Paytm is good (haven't tried cc bill payment) but it's customer support is bad. Cred's payment failure is very minimal, if I remember correctly, in last 4+ years it only failed twice (and I think just once the money got stuck in refund cycle). So I trust cred more for payment, this trust only comes from experience (4+years now). And as I already use phonepe for payments, so not very eager to try paytm.

But as u said it's all moving to bbps so may I should wait until the transition and then try with bbps of my bank or phonepe.

Yes CRED has been very reliable since inception but the reward rates have come down considerably.
Moreover, after compulsory introduction of BBPS, CRED can fetch and remind about due bill amount without reading permission for SMS and e-mail. I was always skeptical about providing these permissions and never actually allowed cred to read my e-mails and SMS.

This was a close call. I mean, really close.

View attachment 61996

I was just looking for alternative to Cred, going through community posts, but found mostly focused on rewards. However, I see those meager 0.00000000000000000001% cashbacks (not literally, but yeah ) worthless of my efforts. I just want to ensure that the bill payment is done more reliably (Cred has failed me twice in last year) and conveniently (I have 7 cards so...)

but what's stopping me to exit cred is the instant settlement. Few minutes ago I was looking to find other options, while at it, I thought of checking cred once, it showed "bill due today", panicked, looked at the clock, less than 4 mins to go, so didn't even bother selecting payment options, thus cred registered me with UPI (again), and voila !!! payment was done, I mean, I even got payment confirmation from HDFC within 2 mins, which is not possible through banking platforms in my experience.

is there really an option better / faster than cred? or I will forever be hooked to this app ? any suggestions ?
Only thing that is keeping me on CRED are the instant settlements, and I don't have to worry even if I pay my bill on the due date, It is also my primary UPI app now, almost no Failures , Rewards are laughable though but still better than Gpay..

Back