• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Alternative Method for Credit Limit Enhancement on Your Amex Credit Cards

TechnoFinoTechnoFino is verified member.

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
Did you know that you can request Amex India to review your credit card limit every 6 months? Amex is known for offering high credit limits to their customers. When you get your first Amex card, they generally offer a low limit, but over time, as you use their credit card, they tend to offer automatic credit limit enhancements.

However, you can also request Amex India to review your credit limit and ask for an increase. Typically, Amex doesn't ask for any documents to process this type of limit enhancement request. You can do this every 6 months, and Amex India will be happy to review your limit enhancement request each time.

How to Request?
It's very simple. Just call the Amex India customer care number (you can find it on the back of your credit card). Ask the customer care representative to review your credit card limit and offer an enhancement. The representative will then connect you with the concerned team, who will review your card account and inform you of their decision.

If you're offered an enhancement, you'll be able to see your updated limit on the Amex app immediately. If they deny your request, you'll need to wait 6 months before you can repeat the same process.

Today, I followed this process and received a credit limit enhancement. My limit was ₹241K, and after the enhancement, it's now ₹641K.

ss56386583674.jpeg

If you don't have an Amex credit card, I suggest you get one (if you're eligible).

Want to know the best Amex credit card? Follow this thread:

By using our mods' referral links or mine to apply, you'll help us out, and you'll also get bonus points and a First Year Free Card.

Did you know that you can request Amex India to review your credit card limit every 6 months? Amex is known for offering high credit limits to their customers. When you get your first Amex card, they generally offer a low limit, but over time, as you use their credit card, they tend to offer automatic credit limit enhancements.

However, you can also request Amex India to review your credit limit and ask for an increase. Typically, Amex doesn't ask for any documents to process this type of limit enhancement request. You can do this every 6 months, and Amex India will be happy to review your limit enhancement request each time.

How to Request?
It's very simple. Just call the Amex India customer care number (you can find it on the back of your credit card). Ask the customer care representative to review your credit card limit and offer an enhancement. The representative will then connect you with the concerned team, who will review your card account and inform you of their decision.

If you're offered an enhancement, you'll be able to see your updated limit on the Amex app immediately. If they deny your request, you'll need to wait 6 months before you can repeat the same process.

Today, I followed this process and received a credit limit enhancement. My limit was ₹241K, and after the enhancement, it's now ₹641K.

View attachment 65888

If you don't have an Amex credit card, I suggest you get one (if you're eligible).

Want to know the best Amex credit card? Follow this thread:

By using our mods' referral links or mine to apply, you'll help us out, and you'll also get bonus points and a First Year Free Card.
for me it been different had to email my ITR and by tomorrow I should get a positive reply. i had tried call n ask for LE but the amount I said wasn't enough I guess at that time and how old my amex cc was not sure I asked le on which amex cc though and 7.75L MR Points!!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

I have Gold charge and MRCC as companion card. The MRCC was stuck at 4 lakh for many years and last month called for something else but discussed that I haven't received any LE on that card. Is that the max you offer? The executive connected me to another representative and he increased the limit from 4 lakh to 6 lakh.
  • No CIBIL enquiry
  • No documentation
Also was told that I will not be able to request for another LE for next 6 months.

You can use it for C2C application cards and of course can be used when needed the most. Amex statements can be considered for LE for some banks.
Well put, thanks!

Amex was kind enough to give me Amex Plat Travel with 1.6x limit of my MRCC even tho i applied for Plat within 3 months of getting MRCC

I have amex travel with 2.96L limit little over year old and Last quarter got mrcc with 1.5L limit can still ask for Limit enhancement??? Or say club both limit and make TTL limit 4.5L????
Feb asked for LE on travel card but denied and later applied for mrcc with was issued with 1.5L limit

I have amex travel with 2.96L limit little over year old and Last quarter got mrcc with 1.5L limit can still ask for Limit enhancement??? Or say club both limit and make TTL limit 4.5L????
Feb asked for LE on travel card but denied and later applied for mrcc with was issued with 1.5L limit
You cannot club limit in Amex AFAIK. But you can request for any card if your card age is more than 6 months and LE time gap of 6 months.

Back