• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Amazon. No IMEI on Bill. What should I do, product is yet to be delivered.

STONE_MAN

TF Buzz
So, has amazon stopped showing IMEI number on P-slip. Are they now showing it on invoice or do they have stopped mentioning IMEI everywhere. Or it only reflects after delivery like Flipkart?

I am directly pasting the email that I sent to amazon to save myself from writing same thing again. You all can understand the situation easily by going through this email. What should I do now. Should I reject during delivery?

Hi,
I am contacting you regarding my recent amazon order Order# 40...............

It's a mobile phone, so IMEI number is mandatory on the p-slip. But as I can check in the amazon app right now there is no IMEI on the p-slip that is generated. I know now, how it is going to go. You will reply back to me saying that wait for the delivery and you will find IMEI on invoice in the delivered product packaging box or it will reflect in p-slip after delivery. But I can guarantee you that even after delivery, IMEI is not going to magically appear on the p-slip. And for your information, IMEI is generally not printed on invoice. Then I will contact you again, and you will apologize and escalate it and after a few days, I will receive an email from Amazon with the new invoice containing IMEI number, which in reality just looks like that you have used some cheap pdf editing software to add it there in the invoice. You know what's interesting is that you will ask me for the IMEI number during our initial contact and then your backend team will just paste it on the invoice, because amazon itself has no record of the IMEI of the product that you have delivered. Such a shame

Let me make it very clear, I don't want any of these hassle, I want IMEI number on the p-slip right before delivery. I don't want an invoice that has been later on edited to add IMEI to it. You know what, In past I had a similar experience with Amazon and to be honest brand people were laughing at me, they were giving me looks saying that I have forged the invoice to add IMEI/Serial number by myself, at that time then I had to contact Amazon and ask them to write an email to me stating that the invoice is genuine and they have sent it to me because original p-slip lacks details.

The money that I have paid (Online payment) you doesn't have anything missing (eg:- Rupee symbol or RBI logo or Gandhi ji's photo). Then why are you sending me a p-slip with missing details.

Call me if you want to clarify anything: 9..........9

I have purchased TV 2 days back in Amazon and it's on the way. I am able see serial number in Warranty / Pslip.
I have also ordered mobile phone on Amazon but it's not dispatched yet. I will let you know if I get IMEI number in Invoice/Pslip.

So, has amazon stopped showing IMEI number on P-slip. Are they now showing it on invoice or do they have stopped mentioning IMEI everywhere. Or it only reflects after delivery like Flipkart?

I am directly pasting the email that I sent to amazon to save myself from writing same thing again. You all can understand the situation easily by going through this email. What should I do now. Should I reject during delivery?

Hi,
I am contacting you regarding my recent amazon order Order# 40...............

It's a mobile phone, so IMEI number is mandatory on the p-slip. But as I can check in the amazon app right now there is no IMEI on the p-slip that is generated. I know now, how it is going to go. You will reply back to me saying that wait for the delivery and you will find IMEI on invoice in the delivered product packaging box or it will reflect in p-slip after delivery. But I can guarantee you that even after delivery, IMEI is not going to magically appear on the p-slip. And for your information, IMEI is generally not printed on invoice. Then I will contact you again, and you will apologize and escalate it and after a few days, I will receive an email from Amazon with the new invoice containing IMEI number, which in reality just looks like that you have used some cheap pdf editing software to add it there in the invoice. You know what's interesting is that you will ask me for the IMEI number during our initial contact and then your backend team will just paste it on the invoice, because amazon itself has no record of the IMEI of the product that you have delivered. Such a shame

Let me make it very clear, I don't want any of these hassle, I want IMEI number on the p-slip right before delivery. I don't want an invoice that has been later on edited to add IMEI to it. You know what, In past I had a similar experience with Amazon and to be honest brand people were laughing at me, they were giving me looks saying that I have forged the invoice to add IMEI/Serial number by myself, at that time then I had to contact Amazon and ask them to write an email to me stating that the invoice is genuine and they have sent it to me because original p-slip lacks details.

The money that I have paid (Online payment) you doesn't have anything missing (eg:- Rupee symbol or RBI logo or Gandhi ji's photo). Then why are you sending me a p-slip with missing details.

Call me if you want to clarify anything: 9..........9
What is the need of IMEI on the invoice? No one even asks for an invoice at a service center. They can see the warranty status in their system. In any case, most items are ok for the first year when the warranty is in place.

Back