• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

American Express rewards Multiplier

Kenu73

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hello Everyone, I made a international ticket booking and looking at the 26X reward multiplier points, I made a booking using mobile phone. Clicked on MakeMyTrip and it asked me my card number, which I did key in and then once it took me to MMT, I logged in bought the tickets. Everything was done on app. Even the Safekey page opened on browser and otp option came once I entered the OTP it redirected me to the app with confirmation. Do you think it will be considered as reward multiplier or not?

Hello Everyone, I made a international ticket booking and looking at the 26X reward multiplier points, I made a booking using mobile phone. Clicked on MakeMyTrip and it asked me my card number, which I did key in and then once it took me to MMT, I logged in bought the tickets. Everything was done on app. Even the Safekey page opened on browser and otp option came once I entered the OTP it redirected me to the app with confirmation. Do you think it will be considered as reward multiplier or not?
did you get 26X MRs for this txn later?

Can someone share what the success rate would be to receive the multiplier points from Amex?
Is it also browser/cookie based so some browsers ensure higher chances of success ?

I have also been denied the points. I have written in to the head customer service to escalate. It is a convenient way of getting spends on the card and then gaslighting the customer to think they have "transacted incorrectly".

I thought Amex were better than this.
For which transactions?? Dates??

My experience has been slightly different!

So far, all my transactions for the multiplier have been awarded. The only rule is follow all the pointers mentioned at the portal, do not open sites using multiple links and perform the booking after the link has been clicked directly. It does take a while but do note that AmEx is a profitable company, they will only reward you points if they get them.

My experience has been slightly different!

So far, all my transactions for the multiplier have been awarded. The only rule is follow all the pointers mentioned at the portal, do not open sites using multiple links and perform the booking after the link has been clicked directly. It does take a while but do note that AmEx is a profitable company, they will only reward you points if they get them.
Which I did (other transactions have the 23x offer applied). Maybe because I use the brave browser; or maybe because I am a MMT Black Gold member. I don't see a conflict there though.

What is particularly difficult to accept is that they will not give you a *concrete reason* why the transaction was not eligible for the offer. Their only response is partner said you *must* have done something wrong.

Can someone share what the success rate would be to receive the multiplier points from Amex?
Is it also browser/cookie based so some browsers ensure higher chances of success ?
Use PC, not phone. Take the app out of the equation. Use a browser that has no adblocker+kachra remover type extensions installed. Some of those extensions can strip referrer trails, and in that case the Amex referrer part of the URL could vanish.

Safest way - install a separate browser in default mode just for Amex multiplier. On PC. Not phone.

What is particularly difficult to accept is that they will not give you a *concrete reason* why the transaction was not eligible for the offer. Their only response is partner said you *must* have done something wrong.
Why is that difficult to accept? They can only know when the transaction is fulfilled successfully and the merchant informs them so. How would Amex know why the transaction failed to be executed properly? They are not spying on you to that level to be able to know that.

Back