• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Amex approved for self employed below 600k. Detailed post below.

Buttman

TF Premier
So recently I was looking to add Mrcc amex to my cc collection.

I looked through every forum and everyone said that it is very difficult for self employed folks below 6 lakhs of income to get any Amex card.

I decided to push my luck and applied through a random referral link because in case my card was approved, I’d have to pay less amount of renewal fee and card would be FYF

My ITR is just shy of 4 lakhs because self employed folks are allowed to show expenses for their business. However, while filling the form, I added the threshold of 6-8 lakhs as my income threshold.

The application got submitted and I got a vkyc link.

During vkyc, they asked for my Pan and asked me to make sure the my adhar was not visible.

After that I was expecting a link to upload income documents but the very next day i got an email stating my APPLICATION WAS APPROVED and I’ll receive the card within 3-7 days.

After two days I got my card.

P.S: My cibil is 781 and I have around 10ccs with 100% repayment history so that might’ve helped me.

So if you’re self employed and want to push your luck for Amex, give it a shot. What do you have to lose? As long as you’re not taking a loan in the coming months, an enquiry shouldn’t matter and 100% repayment history is what matters.

Make sure to apply via a referral link to save on annual and renewal fees.You can use my referral or someone else’s if you’d like.

Last edited by a moderator:
How

I looked through every forum and everyone said that it is very difficult for self employed folks below 6 lakhs of income to get any Amex card.

I decided to push my luck and applied through a random referral link because in case my card was approved, I’d have to pay less amount of renewal fee and card would be FYF

My ITR is just shy of 4 lakhs because self employed folks are allowed to show expenses for their business. However, while filling the form, I added the threshold of 6-8 lakhs as my income threshold.

During vkyc, they asked for my Pan and asked me to make sure the my adhar was not visible.

After that I was expecting a link to upload income documents but the very next day i got an email stating my APPLICATION WAS APPROVED and I’ll receive the card within 3-7 days.

P.S: My cibil is 781 and I have around 10ccs with 100% repayment history so that might’ve helped me.

So if you’re self employed and want to push your luck for Amex, give it a shot. What do you have to lose? As long as you’re not taking a loan in the coming months, an enquiry shouldn’t matter and 100% repayment history is what matters.

Make sure to apply via a referral link to save on annual and renewal fees.You can use my referral or someone else’s if you’d like.

FYF referral- https://americanexpress.com/en-in/referral/sHAIKNq26w?XL=MIMNS
How much limit approved.

I think I shoud've done something similar to yours but while trying to figure out what to do, I think it messed up.

W

What did you mention in the employer section? As I am trying with Self Employed, however even after option self employed, in the next page they are asking for employer details which is strange.

I also trying to apply for an Amex card. I'm self-employed as well. Can you remember how many credit inquiries were done in the last six months before applying for Amex, and approximately what the highest limit is on your other cards? In your opinion, does choosing SmartEarn improve the chances of approval without income documents?

I also trying to apply for an Amex card. I'm self-employed as well. Can you remember how many credit inquiries were done in the last six months before applying for Amex, and approximately what the highest limit is on your other cards? In your opinion, does choosing SmartEarn improve the chances of approval without income documents?

I think I had 2 enquiries from what i can remember,
My highest limit was 500k on my sapphiro card.
Smartearn has lower income threshold so its bound to have lax approval chances but I think being from a tier 1 city helps one’s chances.

A friend applied using the same method as mine but he was asked for income documentation.

His ITR was around 5 lakhs but he got approved anyway with a lower limit Ofcourse (50k)

After 6 months, the enhanced his limit to 130k

Back