• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Amex Charge Card Due Date

Hell_Kitty

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
What is your Platinum or Gold charge card statement end date and payment due date? How many days we get to revolve before making a payment.?

Solution
What is your Platinum or Gold charge card statement end date and payment due date? How many days we get to revolve before making a payment.?
New to charge card so when I was reading online it says all charge card payment is due immediately after statement generation so I thought if statement generation date is 28th Jun payment is also due on same day with no gap between generation & due date.

This is how Charge Cards work in Amex with respect to bill payments when comapred to Amex Credit cards:

1) Credits cards have predefined credit limit where as charge cards have dynamic shadow limits.( this we all know..).
2) In Amex India, these are the bill generations date options that are avbailable for us to choose from.
??

Just like regular credit card only, nothing different. where you faced issue or got this question actually?

around 40+ days.
New to charge card so when I was reading online it says all charge card payment is due immediately after statement generation so I thought if statement generation date is 28th Jun payment is also due on same day with no gap between generation & due date.

This is how Charge Cards work in Amex with respect to bill payments when comapred to Amex Credit cards:

1) Credits cards have predefined credit limit where as charge cards have dynamic shadow limits.( this we all know..).
2) In Amex India, these are the bill generations date options that are avbailable for us to choose from.
2, 5, 8,11,14, 18, 20, 23, 25, and 28 of every month..
3) Bill Due date is bill generation date + 18 days .
for example , if your bill was generated on 2nd , then bill due date =will be 20th
4) Bill due concept is applicable for both Charge cards and Credit cards.
5) However, the big difference between Credit card and Charge card is:
There is no concept of MAD and EMI in the case of Charge cards.
Means:
For Gold and Platinum charge cards, there is no Minimum Amount Due and converting the bill amount to EMI facility available..
You have to pay the FULL bill Amount, before Due date, otherwie it will be treated as delayed payment and all applicable charges and provisions will apply for the delayed payment , like reporting to the CIBIL as delayed payments, interest charges, dleayed payments charges etc...

Enjoy your Charge card..

Have fun...

Last edited:
Solution
From statement date you will have 18 more days to pay a due date will.be on your statement . For eg my first gold chg statment generation date was 8th Feb 2024 and pay by date is 26th Feb 2024. If you pay before the statement date say 4 days prior you will not see it on your statement pay by date as statement is zero.
If you don't pay even after 18 days of grace period then you will be charged delinquency chgs which is nothing but late payment chgs. In chg cards there is no minimum amount due like credit card that is 5% of the total bill outstanding. Here you will have to pay in full. Else chgs will be high. Always when using chg cards have the funds in bank account to pay in full and you can't do emi on chg card.

You can revolve with charge cards.
Its 18 days from the date of bill generated.
Please use the chat option in Amex mobile app to know more.
Hi, I would really appreciate your help with my rejected MRCC application, since I am new to this community I am not able to dm you, I would really appreciate your input.

Hi, I would really appreciate your help with my rejected MRCC application, since I am new to this community I am not able to dm you, I would really appreciate your input.

Rejected means you need to apply or you're looking for reconsideration?

check basic checklist before proceed again..

- 750 above CIBIL score with no remarks
- moderate enquiries in last 3 months (upto 5)
- serviceable location
- supported income

Rejected means you need to apply or you're looking for reconsideration?

check basic checklist before proceed again..

- 750 above CIBIL score with no remarks
- moderate enquiries in last 3 months (upto 5)
- serviceable location
- supported income
Thanks a lot for your response, I check all of the above except the inquiries, I have 6 in last 3 months.

I will apply again after 3 months? Correct me if I’m wrong, I believe that is the cooldown period post a non- approval?

Thanks a lot for your response, I check all of the above except the inquiries, I have 6 in last 3 months.

I will apply again after 3 months? Correct me if I’m wrong, I believe that is the cooldown period post a non- approval?
For specific card only 3 months. Other Amex cards you can apply right away.

Nope you get 10 days time to pay. Only thing you can't do emi and if you pay less than your outstanding they put a charge as delinquency charge which means late payment fee

Back