• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Amex credit limit enhancement

Twice. 1st within 60 days of card issuance when they increased limit by 90% without asking, I was just sent an email informing about increase. Other in 2021 which was a spend based offer. I was offered a limit increase (to 8L) against 2L spend in 60 days. Both on MRCC.
I was under the impression that they cannot increase limit within 6 months of card issuance.

Whether they'll ask for income documents or not depends on how your account is at that time.

1. If you're using your card regularly with a constant pattern of spends and repayment, they'll simply check eligibility and if met, limit increase will happen.

2. If spends are not upto the mark but account is in a good state, they ask for any changes in annual income and update in their system. If granted by the system, imit increase happens instantly. They may or may not ask to submit income documents later (i was never asked).

3. If spends are not upto the mark and the customer is not repaying in full, a limit increase request is almost always rejected. If at all taken into consideration, they definitely ask for income documents.

I encountered first two scenarios and was never asked for income docs, either for new card application or credit limit increase. Even for Plat Charge, they just updated my annual income. The only time I had to submit my papers was in 2016 when I got my first Amex (MRCC).

Hope this helps.

Has anyone ever received automatic limit enhancement on any card from Amex without manual credit review in 6 months?
yes i had received way back in 2021. intially offered a limit of 1.25 lakh, after 6 mnths they automatically doubled it to 2.5 lkh.... after that no limit enhancement till now.

Today received automatic credit limit increase on my Amex plat travel credit card. Card is just 5 months old but I have good spend on it and almost competed 4 lac milestone.

I called amex customer care for limit enhancement, she asked for any changes in income, i told got 10% increment, then checked in system and it denied so the lady asked to try again after a month.

9 month old MRCC card, consistently 20-21k monthly spends, 100% repayment don't know what's their new criteria current limit is 170k.

I called amex customer care for limit enhancement, she asked for any changes in income, i told got 10% increment, then checked in system and it denied so the lady asked to try again after a month.

9 month old MRCC card, consistently 20-21k monthly spends, 100% repayment don't know what's their new criteria current limit is 170k.
i also try the same but not get any LE only way is wait for LE offer from them

Try again after a week. Just say your salary got hiked by 30%-50%. Based on your history, they say your limit can be increased to xx amount. Based on that you can negotiate if you need 10-30k more.

Try again after a week. Just say your salary got hiked by 30%-50%. Based on your history, they say your limit can be increased to xx amount. Based on that you can negotiate if you need 10-30k more.
Thanks for the tip, but now I'll wait till card is 1 year old, hopefully salary will also increase significantly by then.

Back