• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Amex LE through ITR (Manually Requesting it)

So, I emailed creditlimit.review@aexp.com on the 11th to request a limit enhancement (LE) on my Platinum card. Now, they're asking how much I'm anticipating. I'm wondering whether I should ask for more or less. Currently, my Platinum card has a 1L limit, and my ITR is 18L. What should I ask for?

Context: I need around 5,22,500, as I’ve missed the opportunity to double the milestone twice. I called AMEX support on Sunday, and instead of asking for my income, they told me to email them. Anything below 4L wouldn't make sense because I want to hit 4L again and be done with it. Constantly loading and unloading isn’t ideal, especially without rewards for payments. I'm not sure where the HDFC 750/- stands right now, as far i read people get 30% limit but then when i applied i reported around 7L ITR then. so? can i ask 4L/5L? or even more?

Thank you for contacting American Express regarding limit enhancement review on your Credit Card.

We would request you to kindly share the specific anticipated limit you are requesting.

Kindly be informed that as part of the review, the limit may be increased to the amount you requested, increased to a lesser amount or your request could be declined. The review will be conducted by a specialized team in 3-4 working days & you will be notified of the outcome via letter.

So, I emailed creditlimit.review@aexp.com on the 11th to request a limit enhancement (LE) on my Platinum card. Now, they're asking how much I'm anticipating. I'm wondering whether I should ask for more or less. Currently, my Platinum card has a 1L limit, and my ITR is 18L. What should I ask for?

Context: I need around 5,22,500, as I’ve missed the opportunity to double the milestone twice. I called AMEX support on Sunday, and instead of asking for my income, they told me to email them. Anything below 4L wouldn't make sense because I want to hit 4L again and be done with it. Constantly loading and unloading isn’t ideal, especially without rewards for payments. I'm not sure where the HDFC 750/- stands right now, as far i read people get 30% limit but then when i applied i reported around 7L ITR then. so? can i ask 4L/5L? or even more?

Thank you for contacting American Express regarding limit enhancement review on your Credit Card.

We would request you to kindly share the specific anticipated limit you are requesting.

Kindly be informed that as part of the review, the limit may be increased to the amount you requested, increased to a lesser amount or your request could be declined. The review will be conducted by a specialized team in 3-4 working days & you will be notified of the outcome via letter.
Generally banks offer 20-30% as limit of annual income.

HDFC offer like 20%, Axis 30%, etc. I don't know what AMEX offers.

You should ask like in range of 4-5 lac which should be sufficient to them too, to offer you limit enhancement.

You can ask more too, if you wish, as they said real limit enhancement amount can be less than expectations.

you can ask for up to 6L ..

update - through Chat i asked about the update , amex rejected my request so i asked to transfer mrcc limit to plat travel, kept 80k and rest requested to plat travel in 3-4 working days would come to know. should i have asked LE on mrcc instead? and then used this above trick? if that a trick indeed?
Just curious, why was it rejected? Did they think you asked for too much? They should have specified the reason.

Credit card rejection is one thing, but here you are submitting your ITR for the limit enhancement.

Ab isme bhi reject toh bhai inko ghar ke kagaz dene padenge ab CC limit ke liye? 🤔

Just curious, why was it rejected? Did they think you asked for too much? They should have specified the reason.

Credit card rejection is one thing, but here you are submitting your ITR for the limit enhancement.

Ab isme bhi reject toh bhai inko ghar ke kagaz dene padenge ab CC limit ke liye? 🤔
he said a letter would be sent, i was like this isn't 2002 bro.. why wouldn't Amex revert back to my email saying no bro this isn't happening no LE for you. instead, a letter will be sent i was like alright until i don't read it, I can't comment either on why my request was rejected.

I got a 30% LE from 4 to 5.2 last month using amex chat support itself.
I think 30% is a safe bet to ask for.

Reactions: BVC
you can ask for up to 6L ..
damn just asked for 5,22,500.. let c.
Like if someone asks for 18L limit with 18L ITR what happens?
They rejects the request just because he asked something unreasonable? Or give LE whatever they finds suitable according to ITR?

And what's the point of asking customer "how much you expect"?
Sounds more like an HR round in a job interview 🙄

update - through Chat i asked about the update , amex rejected my request so i asked to transfer mrcc limit to plat travel, kept 80k and rest requested to plat travel in 3-4 working days would come to know. should i have asked LE on mrcc instead? and then used this above trick? if that a trick indeed?
Did they mention some reason?? Or Internal Policy??

As Amex Limits are at card level, I think you can ask for MRCC. I'm guessing it for the possibility.

Like if someone asks for 18L limit with 18L ITR what happens?
They rejects the request just because he asked something unreasonable? Or give LE whatever they finds suitable according to ITR?

And what's the point of asking customer "how much you expect"?
Sounds more like an HR round in a job interview 🙄
agreeed! amex should have decided instead even 15K LE i could have understand but totally saying rejected i was like what i have done wrong?

Update - somehow I received the message below through sms and gave my consent and now my Amex plat limit is enhanced from 1L to 2.25L and my mrcc limit isn’t decreased so it could Amex reconsider my request I guess.
You are eligible for a limit increase to INR 2,25,000.00 on your Amex Card ending 81XXXX. If interested, SMS YES to 5616167 to accept. T&C https://bit.ly/3TfUk3R

Back