• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Amex MRCC and Platinum Travel rejected instantly

mudroch

TF Neo
Hey everyone,

I'm 21, recently applied for Amex Platinum Travel Card (currently residing in Bangalore) and my application was rejected instantly on the website, then I applied for MRCC since I thought that might have a lower criteria, yet it got rejected, I've not been given any clear reason from AMEX's side. My yearly income is between 30-60 LPA so I dont think income would be an issue, my CIBIL score is 765 (which I suppose is not good, but I think good enough for MRCC), can anyone guide me through this? How can i go about finding out the reason as well as getting an AMEX credit card?

P.S. I've recently only applied for HDFC Swiggy and Axis Flipkart Card, got done wth their video kyc process today.

Hey everyone,

I'm 21, recently applied for Amex Platinum Travel Card (currently residing in Bangalore) and my application was rejected instantly on the website, then I applied for MRCC since I thought that might have a lower criteria, yet it got rejected, I've not been given any clear reason from AMEX's side. My yearly income is between 30-60 LPA so I dont think income would be an issue, my CIBIL score is 765 (which I suppose is not good, but I think good enough for MRCC), can anyone guide me through this? How can i go about finding out the reason as well as getting an AMEX credit card?

P.S. I've recently only applied for HDFC Swiggy and Axis Flipkart Card, got done wth their video kyc process today.
did you check their eligibility criteria below and see if you're missing any? If you feel you qualify goto him @BestBanker He works for Amex

Attachments

• 1.webp
    1.webp
    45.9 KB · Views: 7
did you check their eligibility criteria below and see if you're missing any? If you feel you qualify goto him @BestBanker He works for Amex
thanks a lot for the reply and the referral, i do full fill their criteria as mentioned in the doc, although my permanent address (on my aadhar) is not of a metro city, however ive recently moved to bangalore for job and thats the address i filled in my application form. One thing that i forgot to mention was that I do have a student loan of ~17L, the repayment period of which doesnt start till next year, could that hinder my application?

thanks a lot for the reply and the referral, i do full fill their criteria as mentioned in the doc, although my permanent address (on my aadhar) is not of a metro city, however ive recently moved to bangalore for job and thats the address i filled in my application form. One thing that i forgot to mention was that I do have a student loan of ~17L, the repayment period of which doesnt start till next year, could that hinder my application?
So you need to update your Aadhaar and reapply. That’s the way forward. Amex is very strict about address verification and doesn’t entertain non compliance

damn i didnt know this, i have rented a place here in blr and will probably move to a new one in a few months so dont wanna update my aadhar just yet, is it not possible to send AMEX a rent agreement of my current place or something?

damn i didnt know this, i have rented a place here in blr and will probably move to a new one in a few months so dont wanna update my aadhar just yet, is it not possible to send AMEX a rent agreement of my current place or something?
Except Aadhar, Passport, DL and Voter card I don't think Amex considers anything else for address proof. Rental agreement is a past thing. It is no longer a legal address proof.

Back