• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Amex no longer revalidates (extends) Taj voucher validity

shashankrt

TF Premier
Hi All,

Today got a rude shock when Amex Helpdesk (Platinum charge) refused to extend validity of Taj vouchers.
This was always extended as one time extension and helped in pooling the vouchers.
So now Taj vouchers are basically useless for stays as most taj properties are more than 10K per day.

Just fyi.. for tall those planning to extend validity of their Taj vouchers.

Also a query - Any other way to extend Taj voucher validity? I have approx 30K of expired vouchers.

Hi All,

Today got a rude shock when Amex Helpdesk (Platinum charge) refused to extend validity of Taj vouchers.
This was always extended as one time extension and helped in pooling the vouchers.
So now Taj vouchers are basically useless for stays as most taj properties are more than 10K per day.

Also a query - Any other way to extend Taj voucher validity? I have approx 30K of expired vouchers.
You have been scammed of 30000 vouchers, which are easily worth at least 15000 and possibly even 18000

Hi All,

Amex and Taj used to be a beautiful experience for many, but issuing those vouchers left right and centre left both Taj and Amex in chaos. Sad to see the situation, but if Amex can’t help that’s a gone case.

homer simpson simpsons GIF

Hi All,

They were taking request still few months back for Plat Travel. Had 3 vouchers revalidated then. Now when I received the voucher it clearly mentioned on it that this one can’t be validated again.

Attachments

• IMG_3782.webp
    IMG_3782.webp
    42.8 KB · Views: 32
They were taking request still few months back for Plat Travel. Had 3 vouchers revalidated then. Now when I received the voucher it clearly mentioned on it that this one can’t be validated again.
My vouchers are older vouchers with no such clause. Anyways very disappointed with Amex as even Axis or HDFC revalidates vouchers once.

My vouchers are older vouchers with no such clause. Anyways very disappointed with Amex as even Axis or HDFC revalidates vouchers once.
As per t&c’s before as well they were not bound to revalidate the same hence more or less was a goodwill gesture. They now have changed their policy regarding this hence new vouchers are getting this clause beforehand and old vouchers are not revalidated. Now redemption options shall be if one is planning a stay within a year then only can think about Taj voucher redemptions otherwise Mariott transfer is the only best bet.

Amex and Taj used to be a beautiful experience for many, but issuing those vouchers left right and centre left both Taj and Amex in chaos. Sad to see the situation, but if Amex can’t help that’s a gone case.
Although I feel, atleast for Plat charge they should continue to revalidate. My card will soon be up for renewal, and they want me to call after my payment due date to check if something can be done. However, one good point. I told him I was promised extension of vouchers over a call and he said in that case they'll do something. This did happen cause I wanted MR points instead of the '45+ 5 K' vouchers. So hoping, they'll extend these vouchers (30K) once I pay the increased fee and renew the no longer a great card - ' Platinum Charge'

Reactions: BVC
Back