• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Amex Plat Charge Review

Akshay31

TF Buzz
Hey All,
I received my Amex Plat charge this February for a Joining fee of INR 70,800 with taxes. I was offered an upgrade option as I was already using Amex Plat Travel card.
Please find below my experience till now:
  1. Received WB of 1 lakh points
  2. On Completion of transactions worth INR 50000 received 35k MR more
  3. Used an offer on Truefitt and Hill to save 2500 on a haircut of 2900
  4. Booked Flight tickets from Mumbai to Spain and return from Paris to Mumbai for me and my wife, received 15k cashback here
  5. Booked Hotels by transferring points to Marriot Bonvoy, please find details for same below:

6. AmountHotel NamePoints UsedPoints to INR
    ₹30,193AC Hotel Cozco27000₹1.12
    ₹62,713LA MAISON CHAMPS ELYSÉES50000₹1.25
    ₹18,012Courtyard by Marriott Paris La Defense West - Colombes18000₹1.00
    ₹75,000AC Hotel Valencia43100₹1.74

Over all made a booking worth INR 186000 using 135000 MR by transferring them to Marriot Bonvoy which costed me joining fee of INR70,800.

So total saving till now has been: INR132500

Will share my experience on Marriot Bonvoy Gold Tier benefits and AMEX lounge in Mumbai on separate threads.
Other than this I also own Axis Magnus, HDFC Infinia , Amex Plat Travel, Axis Atlas, SC Ultimate, HDFC Regalia , ICICI Sapphirio , IDFC First Wealth, will keep posting my experiences on all of these cards throughout this month.
Feel free to drop your questions on this thread.

Hey All,
I received my Amex Plat charge this February for a Joining fee of INR 70,800 with taxes. I was offered an upgrade option as I was already using Amex Plat Travel card.
Please find below my experience till now:
  1. Received WB of 1 lakh points
  2. On Completion of transactions worth INR 50000 received 35k MR more
  3. Used an offer on Truefitt and Hill to save 2500 on a haircut of 2900
  4. Booked Flight tickets from Mumbai to Spain and return from Paris to Mumbai for me and my wife, received 15k cashback here
  5. Booked Hotels by transferring points to Marriot Bonvoy, please find details for same below:

6. AmountHotel NamePoints UsedPoints to INR
    ₹30,193AC Hotel Cozco27000₹1.12
    ₹62,713LA MAISON CHAMPS ELYSÉES50000₹1.25
    ₹18,012Courtyard by Marriott Paris La Defense West - Colombes18000₹1.00
    ₹75,000AC Hotel Valencia43100₹1.74

Over all made a booking worth INR 186000 using 135000 MR by transferring them to Marriot Bonvoy which costed me joining fee of INR70,800.

So total saving till now has been: INR132500

Will share my experience on Marriot Bonvoy Gold Tier benefits and AMEX lounge in Mumbai on separate threads.
Other than this I also own Axis Magnus, HDFC Infinia , Amex Plat Travel, Axis Atlas, SC Ultimate, HDFC Regalia , ICICI Sapphirio , IDFC First Wealth, will keep posting my experiences on all of these cards throughout this month.
Feel free to drop your questions on this thread.
On point 4: the 15k cashback is the value of the MR points that you earned or was it flat discount on booking websites for using Amex cards?

There is an offer going on if you do booking of more than 1 Lakh with Amex travel desk , to get 15k vouchers of Yatra or easemytrip

There is an offer going on if you do booking of more than 1 Lakh with Amex travel desk , to get 15k vouchers of Yatra or easemytrip
Okay, and are the prices that they quote at par with the regular travel aggregators’?

Lesser-Known Advantages of the Amex Platinum Charge Card 🌟

• Taj Epicure Plus Membership: Indulge with a 25% discount on Food & Beverage, along with 1+1 offers during Happy Hours at Bars. 🍽️🍹
• Receive a 25% discount on stays across all Taj Properties. 🏨
• Exclusive privileges at Oberoi Hotels, including a 50% discount on Suites, complimentary breakfast, and the 3rd night free when booking rooms. 🛌🌅
• Attain Marriott & Hilton Gold Tier Memberships. 🏆
• Receive a 10,000 Taj voucher during your birthday month. 🎉
• Complimentary EazyDiner Prime Membership. 🍽️🎁
• Add up to 4 Supplementary Card Holders, granting them the same lounge access as the Primary Card Holder, along with the ability to apply for Marriott & Hilton Gold Tier Status. 🛫👥
• 1 Complementary Guest along for Card Hold (Primary or supplementary) at Amex Lounges at Delhi & Mumbai. 🛫👫
• Protection against loss or damage of purchased tangible goods within 90 days due to fire, burglary, or natural calamities. 🛡️🔥🏠
• Earn 10X Points on select brands such as Birkenstock, Kapoor Watch Co, Cocoart, Forest Essentials, Tata CLiQ, Bvlgari, etc. 💳💼
• Enjoy up to a 50% discount on dining at various restaurants. Details available at https://www.americanexpress.com/content/dam/amex/in/benefits/discountoffer_plat.pdf 🍽️💰
• Avail various discounts and offers at Roseate, Comorin, Lalit, Indian Accent, Postcard Hotels, Lebua Hotels, etc. 🏨🛍️
• Benefit from the often overlooked 'Do Anything' Platinum Concierge service. 🎩🤝

Back