• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Amex Platinum Charge Application Cheating case

Noaxis

TF Buzz
I earlier has Amex MRCC, that time I got 1,25,000 points Platinum Charge upgrade offer, applied, but since it was taking a lot of time, I closed that card last year.

March this year I called Amex customer care and told them that I am interested in applying for Platinum Charge Card, but only if I get 1,35,000 points offer. That person took some special approval and confirmed to me that it's approved on exception basis for me, and I would need to call customer support as soon as I get Plat Charge (before activation).

Applied for card, no income documents were required on the website, got card in 3 days, called customer care, they told there's no such offer. Escalated to customer service head India, they retrieved recording, and then again apologized that it can't be done.

Need help 😭

coolguy1

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Do you have any call recording or email record of the employee promising the 1.35L points?

There was someone who got their gold charge card membership renewed at an 80% discount because the same was promised to them by Amex chat support. Similarly, if you can manage to get the evidence, there is a small chance.

drsel

TF Legend
I earlier has Amex MRCC, that time I got 1,25,000 points Platinum Charge upgrade offer, applied, but since it was taking a lot of time, I closed that card last year.

March this year I called Amex customer care and told them that I am interested in applying for Platinum Charge Card, but only if I get 1,35,000 points offer. That person took some special approval and confirmed to me that it's approved on exception basis for me, and I would need to call customer support as soon as I get Plat Charge (before activation).

Applied for card, no income documents were required on the website, got card in 3 days, called customer care, they told there's no such offer. Escalated to customer service head India, they retrieved recording, and then again apologized that it can't be done.

Need help 😭
You have been saved.
Do not activate the card and get it cancelled and save 70800.

Watch the expert video on Platinum charge card by senior credit card expert Spend wisely on YouTube to understand how you have been saved.

Last edited:

Noaxis

TF Buzz
Do you have any call recording or email record of the employee promising the 1.35L points?

There was someone who got their gold charge card membership renewed at an 80% discount because the same was promised to them by Amex chat support. Similarly, if you can manage to get the evidence, there is a small chance.
Unfortunately I didn't record that call (it was not chat) since it was Amex, and hence I thought I can trust them.

Planning of moving to Ombudsman for the same, seems like there's no other way for it .

Noaxis

TF Buzz
You have been saved.
Do not activate the card and get it cancelled and save 70800.

Watch the expert video on Platinum charge card by senior credit card expert Spend wisely on YouTube to understand why you have been saved
Have major hotel spendings and international trip planned for this year, and that's where this card will be very much helpful. Mariott points would have been very much usual to give me hotel for that trip and suite upgrade as well.

It's about if you know how to extract value from of this card, otherwise it would be useless to burn that much amount of money.

drsel

TF Legend
Have major hotel spendings and international trip planned for this year, and that's where this card will be very much helpful. Mariott points would have been very much usual to give me hotel for that trip and suite upgrade as well.

It's about if you know how to extract value from of this card, otherwise it would be useless to burn that much amount of money.
Then it's a no brainer to get Axis Atlas card for 10% returns --
10% on direct hotels both offline and online.
10% on direct flights both offline and online.
10% on Traveledge flights.

Also Marriott hotels need 25000--55000 points for just one room night !!! It's crazy.

Last edited:

drsel

TF Legend
Unfortunately I didn't record that call (it was not chat) since it was Amex, and hence I thought I can trust them.

Planning of moving to Ombudsman for the same, seems like there's no other way for it .
Don't waste your time you don't have any case, you don't have any proof.
You have to show on the Amex website where 135000 points are guaranteed

elite34700

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

Case won't sustain coz its an employee greed, regulator can't get you something which doesn't exist in the first place.