• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Revaluation Amex Platinum Charge Card Updated Benefits starting 8 October 2024

Hell_Kitty

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Effective 8 October 2024, enjoy new benefits worth up to ₹1,30,000* on your Card:
  1. Annual renewal benefit worth ₹20,000* : Get Taj Hotels, Reliance Brands Limited (Luxe Gift Card), Postcard Hotels & Resorts vouchers worth up to ₹20,000* in a year on Card renewal when you spend ₹20,00,000* in a Cardmembership year.
  2. Savings worth up to ₹8,000* Apple products : Get instant cashback on select Apple products every time you shop on apple.in or in-store. Additionally, also earn 5X* on shopping online via Reward Multiplier.
  3. Complimentary memberships to Amazon Prime Lite, Disney+ Hotstar, Wall Street Journal and more worth up to ₹45,000* : Enjoy access to 40+ OTT and publications with a curated Times Ace membership. Also, get special offers across shopping, travel, health and wellness on brands like Ajio Luxe, Uber, Starbucks, TUMI, Kaya Skin Clinic and more.
  4. 3 new complimentary* elite tier memberships with no qualifying criteria
    1. Accor Plus Traveller membership: Get up to 50%* off on dining, member rates and other offers at 1,000+ hotels in 20 countries
    2. The Postcard Hotel Sunshine Club - Platinum Tier : Get 7%* hotel loyalty points, complimentary* laundry service, cocktails and more.
    3. I Prefer - Titanium membership at The Leela Hotels & Resorts, Dusit Thani and more: Get 50%* bonus hotel loyalty points, member rates, room upgrade*, offers and more.
  5. Third night complimentary at The LaLiT worth up to ₹30,000* : Get complimentary* 3rd night, a dinner for two, a service at the Spa, butler service and more when you book 2 or more nights for a club room or suite across 10 properties in India.

Updates to existing benefits:
  1. Supplementary Cardmembers will continue to enjoy unlimited access to The Centurion® Lounges in New Delhi and Mumbai. Their access to bring in a guest will be discontinued
  2. Benefit of Taj vouchers worth ₹10,000* in your birthday month will be discontinued
  3. Joining and Renewal fees increased from 60k to 66k + GST

Last edited:
  1. Supplementary Cardmembers will continue to enjoy unlimited access to The Centurion® Lounges in New Delhi and Mumbai. Their access to bring in a guest will be discontinued
  2. Benefit of Taj vouchers worth ₹10,000* in your birthday month will be discontinued
This is downright disappointing,
But will reduce crowding at Centurion DEL

Tye benefits added are not worth the fees hike

Accor plus with Reserve doesn't comes with any dining voucher so most probably it would be same with Plat Charge

Amazon Prime & all are anyway available from multiple sources

Sunshine is a pretty new loyalty without much benefits.

I would say it's a devaluation

Tye benefits added are not worth the fees hike

Accor plus with Reserve doesn't comes with any dining voucher so most probably it would be same with Plat Charge

Amazon Prime & all are anyway available from multiple sources

Sunshine is a pretty new loyalty without much benefits.

I would say it's a devaluation
yes its purely devalued.. I can see lots of Existing Card Holder will not renew it after this devaluation

no point in taking this. if amex gives 1,35,000mr points and the benefits after upgrade can consider it or else its just trash. such premium card forex fees is kept like a basic card. whats the point to take and spend.

So my Plat charge is up for renewal this month. Obviously planning to close this crap. However need to transfer 1.5 lakh MR points.
My options are -
1 - Transfer to Krisflyer (have a upcoming trip)
2 - Transfer to MB bonvoy.

Any suggestions?

Effective 8 October 2024, enjoy new benefits worth up to ₹1,30,000* on your Card:
  1. Annual renewal benefit worth ₹20,000* : Get Taj Hotels, Reliance Brands Limited (Luxe Gift Card), Postcard Hotels & Resorts vouchers worth up to ₹20,000* in a year on Card renewal when you spend ₹20,00,000* in a Cardmembership year.
  2. Savings worth up to ₹8,000* Apple products : Get instant cashback on select Apple products every time you shop on apple.in or in-store. Additionally, also earn 5X* on shopping online via Reward Multiplier.
  3. Complimentary memberships to Amazon Prime Lite, Disney+ Hotstar, Wall Street Journal and more worth up to ₹45,000* : Enjoy access to 40+ OTT and publications with a curated Times Ace membership. Also, get special offers across shopping, travel, health and wellness on brands like Ajio Luxe, Uber, Starbucks, TUMI, Kaya Skin Clinic and more.
    1. Accor Plus Traveller membership: Get up to 50%* off on dining, member rates and other offers at 1,000+ hotels in 20 countries
    2. The Postcard Hotel Sunshine Club - Platinum Tier : Get 7%* hotel loyalty points, complimentary* laundry service, cocktails and more.
    3. I Prefer - Titanium membership at The Leela Hotels & Resorts, Dusit Thani and more: Get 50%* bonus hotel loyalty points, member rates, room upgrade*, offers and more.
  5. Third night complimentary at The LaLiT worth up to ₹30,000* : Get complimentary* 3rd night, a dinner for two, a service at the Spa, butler service and more when you book 2 or more nights for a club room or suite across 10 properties in India.

In the mail that I received renewal vouchers are for 35K and renewal fee has increased to 66K plus GST. So the renewal fee will be 77,880. I dont think renewal offers will be available now.

Looks like the renewal benefits are also customized. The email to me has renewal vouchers worth Rs35K.
Still remains a 1 year card. Too bad. Moving on..

So my Plat charge is up for renewal this month. Obviously planning to close this crap. However need to transfer 1.5 lakh MR points.
My options are -
1 - Transfer to Krisflyer (have a upcoming trip)
2 - Transfer to MB bonvoy.

Any suggestions?
Both r good!! But i would say Krisflyer. As for MB once u close the card u will lose Gold status. Then the value of points are still reduced.

Back