• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

AMEX Platinum travel :: Low Credit limit :: What option can I explore to increase the limit

I got the AMEX Platinum Travel card last month to pay my executive course fees and take advantage of the milestone benefits. Unfortunately, AMEX acceptance is limited in the places I usually spend, so I can't make full use of it beyond my fee payment.

I was expecting a credit limit of at least 2 lakh INR, especially since my other cards have limits of 10 lakh (2 card), 5 lakh, and 3 lakh. However, I was given only 75K, and this wasn't disclosed during the application or KYC process.

I reached out to customer care, submitted my documents, but my request for a limit increase was denied without a proper reason.

I've already emailed the Customer Head and Customer Service.

Now, I'm thinking of contacting the Nodal Officer.

My CIBIL score is over 800, and my ITR is around 50 lakh INR. Waiting six months for a limit increase would defeat the purpose of the card.

What other steps can I take to resolve this quickly?

I got the AMEX Platinum Travel card last month to pay my executive course fees and take advantage of the milestone benefits. Unfortunately, AMEX acceptance is limited in the places I usually spend, so I can't make full use of it beyond my fee payment.

I was expecting a credit limit of at least 2 lakh INR, especially since my other cards have limits of 10 lakh (2 card), 5 lakh, and 3 lakh. However, I was given only 75K, and this wasn't disclosed during the application or KYC process.

I reached out to customer care, submitted my documents, but my request for a limit increase was denied without a proper reason.

My CIBIL score is over 800, and my ITR is around 50 lakh INR. Waiting six months for a limit increase would defeat the purpose of the card.

your first Amex card or second/third? Amex have a habit of providing low limit and there is no way around only 6 month later you can request with good amount of spend needed too. If you existing Amex card then transfer limit to platinum travel.

I too applied for this credit card just for time pass, they conditionally approved it now they are asking for income proof so I just uploaded my bank statement, denge toh tikh naa de toh bhi tikh

use for 6 m... they will increase faaaast
...nodal etc wont work for limits

It's okay, sometimes amex give low limit if we are already over leveraged. Same happen with me got 50k on my MRCC. Just wait 6 months for the amex algo to kick in. Before 6 months nothing can be done. After 6 months you will be auto qualified for a LE if you spend decent during the 6 months.

For me after 6 months, I got a LE of 25k making it to 75k from 50k. The same month I did a transaction of 50k one night. The very next morning got a LE to 1.5L. 2 LE in same month but before that 6 months nothing.

Back