• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Amex spend based offer - June 2023

jaym

TF Buzz
Amex spend based offer is back. I got offer to spend 4L to get 12K Taj.
The offer is valid on purchases made on the enrolled Card from 3 June 2023 or the enrolment date (whichever is later) until 31 July 2023.
Check your emails...

The offer is valid on purchases made on the enrolled Card from 3 June 2023 or the enrolment date (whichever is later) until 31 July 2023.
Check your emails...
So @3.5% MDR, AmEx will make 14k in income. They will again save min 15% on 15k vouchers i.e. 1800.

So you spend 3lacs make them earn 3800 while you get 12k vouchers which can be spent only on super expensive properties without any discount.

Axis Magnus/Atlas sounds wayyyyy attractive

Check your emails...
Didn't receive any this time.

a
So @3.5% MDR, AmEx will make 14k in income. They will again save min 15% on 15k vouchers i.e. 1800.

So you spend 3lacs make them earn 3800 while you get 12k vouchers which can be spent only on super expensive properties without any discount.

Axis Magnus/Atlas sounds wayyyyy attractive
amex mdr is also 2.5% if i am not wrong.
also axis will also be doing the same thing i mean that is how the magnus 1 Lakh milestone works
also the mdr is shared with the data aggregator mastercard and visa if i am not wrong

a

amex mdr is also 2.5% if i am not wrong.
also axis will also be doing the same thing i mean that is how the magnus 1 Lakh milestone works
also the mdr is shared with the data aggregator mastercard and visa if i am not wrong
@xywowowvw AmEx is 3.5 %, Visa/Mastercard is 2.4%, RuPay is 0%.
Diner Club is also 3.3% usually, but it has a lot of if's/but's as a lot of offline merchants get discounted pricing on their HDFC POS machines.
Currently only AmEx and Diners are the ones that provide end to end. Everyone else shares. The style of operating is same for both, but Axis is giving excellent RoI and really working strategically (what they paid for Citi was insane, but worth it). AmEx has no clue what they're doing tbh.

Where AmEx lacks is
1) Volume (the reason why you can load PayTM wallet using AmEx but PayTM POS machines do not accept AmEx - verified with PayTM POS Product Manager)
2) Merchant support ecosystem (weeks for onboarding and support is not acceptable timeline)
3) Basic commonsense (AmEx used to advertise for AmEx Pay though nobody uses BharatQR. Then there's complete ignorance of local laws. Infact, during 2020 lockdown, they introduced 'ShopSmall' campaign in India only after i proposed that to their leadership)
4) Variety of offering and insane pricing on their products - their ecosystem is mainly based around travel and tourism outside US, and their good cards never make it outside US - this is where Axis is killing it lately in India. An INR 3k Atlas gives better RoI than INR 5k Platinum card

I'm a HDFC Fanboy, but appreciate Axis for pushing the bar higher than Infinia. AmEx PM's are just earning on referral business, spend based temporary incentives and annual fees, but tbh their products are useless+complex in the era of UPI. I had AmEx for 4 years, and after leaving it i realized how the new credit products are far far superior than all AmEx products except INR 72k annual fee AmEx platinum charge card (which really is unique).

Last edited by a moderator:
Check your emails...
Maybe a targeted offer. I too haven't received this.

Received email abt 17% cashback for booking flights on indigo. Hope others have received it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230802_121617_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20230802_121617_Gmail.jpg
    193.5 KB · Views: 7
yes
because skyscanner would take you to the flight booking website like yatra goibibo where you have the option to put in your cv id and get points for the same
I have never seen the option on Yatra to enter CV membership ID. Can you please telll me where exactly we can find this on Yatra? I may have always overlooked.

Back