• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Amex Support Tells My Friend You Are Overqualified for MRCC after getting rejected due to internal policy

Hello Everyone,

I have joined this comunity recently and get to know so many things regarding credit card and have regret this journey as I have lost so many chances on getting good credit cards which was offered to me in the last few years as I have taught like many other credit card = debt trap. But anyways never late to start,

This story is of last month I have been educating my friend on credit card which I have learned so far and he has a wedding coming up later this year so he will have expenses and told him to take advantage of credit card for this and use reward points for his honeymoon.

I have told him to get amex trifecta and use it for the spends and he applied for the mrcc first amex card as he has icici apay card and axis flipkart only till now and he applied he has all the criteria and good cibil with 15 Lakh itr so approval was no brainer. He applied and was asked to upload the document which he did and I taught it will be approved and there will be no issue and the application got rejected suprisingly.

He told me and I asked him to contact support for the reason as his cibil was 755 and itr was well over required and support just gave the basic reply which was we don't know and told them to escalate this and they did.

He got the call next day in the evening and what the amex representative said was strange to me as well as I have not seen that in this forum or any other place till now that you are overqualified for the MRCC and asked to apply for platinum reserve and will help on the call with everything this time so there is no issue and he was skeptical as this card has not that much value and he asked please let me know the reason and they told they are not offering MRCC in his pincode but was offering there higher end cards.

He declined as it doesn't make sense and asked if it is possible to apply for remaining gold and platinum travel she said she doesn't know but you can apply you met the criteria for the approval.

As my friend hasn't applied for cards in the last few years I told him to apply and suprisingly he got the preapproved offer and was approved after uploading the itr within 2-3 days and applied for the gold card on 3rd September and got approved for that as well.

I don't understand the reason till now as it doesn't make sense but everything worked out but wanted to share with everyone. I am also waiting for platinum travel apprval applied 2 days back and talking to few people regarding the infinia asn I have good releationship with hdfc for almost 10 years hopefully will get it but itr seems to be the issue for me but will try the fd route as well as I have axis salary account and trying to milk atlas ltf which is high probability as RM told me lets see what happens will update regarding the hdfc infinia and atlas ltf as soon as I have the update.

This is first time I am hearing about over qualification with Amex.
Same for me as I have good experience with them in terms of support and they could have just said we are not issuing card in your pinvode and get over with it as it would make sense but they instead asked him to apply for reserve and gave a stupid reason as well maybe new recruit from axis😂😂

Back