• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Amex Transaction By Points Issue

diablorojo8

TF Select
So i recently bought something at apple store.
I had around 30k reward points and I just put in my PIN and 30 mins later I realised I have got an email that I had used "pay with points".
The biller didnt ask any consent for this from me and did this on his own.
Pretty much lost out on 2.5k rs if I take the value from 18k rewards.
I made a 5k transaction, 18k rewards get me a 7k amazon voucher.

Already asked the Amex customer care team regarding this, and they have said if it's approved then they will reverse the points and put a normal charge but it will take 3 business days to conclude this and depends on approval.

What other options do I have? What if its not approved?

Honestly if it is not approved I might as well cancel both my gold and mrcc.
What is the point in doing the 10 transactions every month when some stupid POS guy can put that all to waste?
Honestly it takes a year to get to the 24k points.

So i recently bought something at apple store.
I had around 30k reward points and I just put in my PIN and 30 mins later I realised I have got an email that I had used "pay with points".
The biller didnt ask any consent for this from me and did this on his own.
Pretty much lost out on 2.5k rs if I take the value from 18k rewards.
I made a 5k transaction, 18k rewards get me a 7k amazon voucher.

Already asked the Amex customer care team regarding this, and they have said if it's approved then they will reverse the points and put a normal charge but it will take 3 business days to conclude this and depends on approval.

What other options do I have? What if its not approved?

Honestly if it is not approved I might as well cancel both my gold and mrcc.
What is the point in doing the 10 transactions every month when some stupid POS guy can put that all to waste?
Honestly it takes a year to get to the 24k points.
Understand the pain
Always while inputting otp for American Express and idfc cards see the tick box sometimes our finger also could’ve touched erroneously while using mobile

Understand the pain
Always while inputting otp for American Express and idfc cards see the tick box sometimes our finger also could’ve touched erroneously while using mobile
The thing is it was not online.
This was a POS transaction where I have no control over it. The person billing just enters the amount and asks you to add your PIN.
You usually can only see the PIN screen and amount.

Back