• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Amex transaction getting failed

Rahul098

TF Select
I just got my amex mrcc card yesterday. I tried making an online payment. However, the payment didn't go through it kept failing. When I contacted the amex support they told me that the first transaction on the card has to be made offline through a pos machine. Is this true??

I just got my amex mrcc card yesterday. I tried making an online payment. However, the payment didn't go through it kept failing. When I contacted the amex support they told me that the first transaction on the card has to be made offline through a pos machine. Is this true??
Nope. Never made a single offline transaction till date on my Amex Gold.

Check if you have activated online transactions.

It was my mistake I was entering the number on back of the card as I thought that the back one was the CVV number. I guess in amex it in the front. I only got to know this while entering my card details in Paytm now it is working. Thanks for the help
Okay…everytime you need to enter 4digit number in cvv field…that back 3 digit number only used when you apply supplementary card or amex need any additional confirmation…

It was my mistake I was entering the number on back of the card as I thought that the back one was the CVV number. I guess in amex it in the front. I only got to know this while entering my card details in Paytm now it is working. Thanks for the help
It happens
Just keep in mind these
Amex cards 4 digit cvv
SCB cards 6 digit pin for pos

You can apply kotak pvr platinum card on which monthly 10000 spend (no exclusions) you get 800 (2*400) pvr tickets free, and you know how to spend just 10000 right😬…i have 6 pvr cards just for 12 pvr tickits monthly…
That’s a great return on 10k
Btw will we be getting voucher which can be added in pvr or straightforward ticket?

Back