• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Annoying experience with Max Life Insurance

suhasa010

TF Premier
So, last year (April 2023) I finally got Max Life insurance which was suggested by Ditto.
Last year I had paid the annual amount at once. So did not face any issue.
I had asked them to change the payment Frequency to Quarterly at that time, but they told I can only change it next year (i.e April 2024).
So 10 days before due date (April 1st 2024), I paid the quarterly amount (while selecting the option to change the payment Frequency to Quarterly in the app).
After numerous calls and emails, till now the payment Frequency has not been updated to quarterly and still shows I have pending amount to be paid. I keep getting calls to pay the remaining amount and I keep telling them to change the payment Frequency.
Overall the experience has been horrible with the customer care. I'm sure I'll sue them if my policy lapses after May 1st because of their inability to process such a small request to change payment Frequency.

• Wow
Reactions: 007

TF Ace
TF Family
So, last year (April 2023) I finally got Max Life insurance which was suggested by Ditto.
Last year I had paid the annual amount at once. So did not face any issue.
I had asked them to change the payment Frequency to Quarterly at that time, but they told I can only change it next year (i.e April 2024).
So 10 days before due date (April 1st 2024), I paid the quarterly amount (while selecting the option to change the payment Frequency to Quarterly in the app).
After numerous calls and emails, till now the payment Frequency has not been updated to quarterly and still shows I have pending amount to be paid. I keep getting calls to pay the remaining amount and I keep telling them to change the payment Frequency.
Overall the experience has been horrible with the customer care. I'm sure I'll sue them if my policy lapses after May 1st because of their inability to process such a small request to change payment Frequency.
That's bad! Lodge a complaint via email or through their service portal if not done yet so you can escalate it further. Ultimately you can take it up with IRDAI Ombudsman, if their grievance department fails to handle such a petty issue!

suhasa010

TF Premier
That's bad! Lodge a complaint via email or through their service portal if not done yet so you can escalate it further. Ultimately you can take it up with IRDAI Ombudsman, if their grievance department fails to handle such a petty issue!
Thanks. Didn't know about the IRDAI Ombudsman 😮
And Max doesn't have a grievance redressal mechanism at all to escalate!

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Irdai ombudsman email
Or escalation matrix of hdfc life

suhasa010

TF Premier
Thanks @007 @Vasuki.
Escalating to second level worked. Even though it still took 7-8 days more, it was ultimately resolved just in time as only few days were remaining until the policy lapsed.

Last edited:

lostwords

TF Select
RML Group
@suhasa010 Just wanted to know why didn't you go with Optima Restore/Secure? Whenever I called Ditto they have told me to get HDFC, which is best as per them.

lostwords

TF Select
RML Group
He's talking about Life Insurance, not Health!
And, Ditto is correct. HDFC Optima Secure policy is the best in market right now. Second best is Care Supreme as per my research.
my bad I overlooked the term insurance as health insurance. In that case, Max Smart Secure Plus is current top?