• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Another reason why you should turn off international transactions on cards when not in use

Channakya

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi ,
I have been receiving international transactions for my couple of cards , the transactions have been mad in Walmart and others stores . As I have turned of the international transactions , I have not got into this mess !

Did any one face the similar issue ?

Reactions: SSV
Hi ,
I have been receiving international transactions for my couple of cards , the transactions have been mad in Walmart and others stores . As I have turned of the international transactions , I have not got into this mess !

First thing I do when I receive my new card.
Turn off atm/pos/contactless and international transactions.
Enable only online that too with 20 k limit..
So , I am safe from all this international frauds..

I also do the same thing but , how are the card details getting leaked , I have never shared the details to any one .

If there's a fraud involved, how easy it is to get the money back from banks on a credit card?
By any chance if OTP was given by you fir domestic transactions, no chance of claiming back..
For other you may get it but takes some effort

➕ for this, I also do this for all my cards. My friends are like, why even disable contactless?, for me peace of mind is more important than the 10-15 secs I'm spending entering my PIN in the POS

Reactions: SSV
➕ for this, I also do this for all my cards. My friends are like, why even disable contactless?, for me peace of mind is more important than the 10-15 secs I'm spending entering my PIN in the POS
This is very correct .. we have to take all measures before money left from our account , not after the money had gone

Hi ,

Better replace the card. Otherwise if you switch on international transactions either intentionally or not, you will lose money

Hi ,

My friend got the same for his Axis Magnus card. He got call from Axis bank for the confirmation and immediately he blocked the call. I suggested to disable International txns

Back