• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Any better option to pay Electricity bill than buying apay vouchers using Infinia card?

Anshul Gupta

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Pretty much the title.

Getting ~13% reward points to pay the electricity bill using amazon pay vouchers purchased using Infinia Smartbuy portal.

I would rather prefer to get cashback, even of a smaller value, than getting reward points. Is any platform giving good enough cashback (say ~10%)?

Thanks in advance.

Axis Airtel card - 10% cashback upto 250 per month if paid via Airtel app
SBI cashback - buy Apay vouchers directly from Amazon for 5% cashabck
Ahh... The only two cards for which my applications have been rejected multiple times😢 And now they are not even accepting any Axis Airtel application. But thanks for the suggestion. Might be helpful to others.

Ahh... The only two cards for which my applications have been rejected multiple times😢 And now they are not even accepting any Axis Airtel application. But thanks for the suggestion. Might be helpful to others.
Wait for a few moths you will get airtel preapproved in axis, don't apply manually

Axis Ace and Axis Airtel are 2 sides of the same coin. The value you extract from the 2 depends on your monthly spends.

Pros of Ace - 5% CB upto Rs 500 a month across all utility / recharges via Google Pay
4% CB upto Rs 500 a month on Swiggy, Zomato and Ola
1.5% unlimited cashback on all offline spends (with the usual exceptions on fuel, Govt, Insurance, Rent, Education etc)
* 4-5% CBs are limited to a combined total of Rs 500 per month.

Pros of Airtel -
25% CB upto Rs 250 on Airtel recharge/DTH/Fiber via Airtel Thanks
10% CB upto Rs 250 on other recharge/utility via Airtel Thanks
10% CB upto Rs 500 on Swiggy, Zomato and Bigbasket
1% unlimited cashback on all offline spends (with the usual exceptions on fuel, Govt, Insurance, Rent, Education etc)
* - 25% CB is limited to 250 and the 2 x 10% CBs are limited to 250 and 500 per month respectively. The combined total is thus 250 + 250 + 500 per month

For what reason? Been using it for a year without any issues. And last bill payment of 34000 insurance without any issues.
For me personally, Neu coins are not much useful. I have had great experience with the Neu infinity card (which is LTF for me) but then there always exists a cheaper alternative platform than the Neu brands (where I can use neu coins). It would have been one of the best cards had they allowed using neu coins for payment towards bills and recharges though.

Last edited:
If you are okay with lesser cashback, RBL Enterprise DC gives 5% upto 20k on utility bill payments. So does HDFC with autopay IIRC, don't know the limits.

Getting a higher cashback is quite impossible I think.

Wait for a few moths you will get airtel preapproved in axis, don't apply manually
Last I checked on Axis app, I had all the cards showing in Axis except Airtel card 🤣. This card only shows for me inside the Airtel thanks app but it seems that the link to apply for aritel axis card from the Airtel app has been broken for quite some time. But I'll wait. Just hope to get this card before they devaluate it lol.

If you are okay with lesser cashback, RBL Enterprise DC gives 5% upto 20k on utility bill payments. So does HDFC with autopay IIRC, don't know the limits.

Getting a higher cashback is quite impossible I think.
I see. Btw does 5% on HDFC with autopay (now Smartpay i guess) still work? I used to receive cashback earlier, around 2020-21, but didn't receive any in the last few years.

Back