• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Any Family banking /Group account feature possible with Friends?

sharad007

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Like there are higher variant of accounts from various banks have group account feature, like IndusInd PIONEER Banking and Wealth Management, HDFC Imperia, Axis burgundy private etc.

Like there are higher variant of accounts from various banks have group account feature, like IndusInd PIONEER Banking and Wealth Management, HDFC Imperia, Axis burgundy private etc.

I think it's possible ... but only after you marry the friend :)
Sorry! Couldn't resist saying that

On a more serious note, it is restricted only to immediate family. Though somewhere in this forum I have read about someone getting added to his uncle's banking group (It is against the rules, but it was done)

Just today I read something on another forum that mentioned that IndusInd allows grouping with non-family members. Perhaps you could check with the branch and see? I do not know whether it is true but I thought I would mention it to you, so you could check.

The major point is with the dispute that could arise with the non family members.... As the account will be fully accessible to him/her

In this modern times people are unable to maintain relationships with family member... Let alone friends... And its that friend is girl... Only god can save..

So banks don't want themselves to be in this family drama.....

The major point is with the dispute that could arise with the non family members.... As the account will be fully accessible to him/her

In this modern times people are unable to maintain relationships with family member... Let alone friends... And its that friend is girl... Only god can save..

Nope
Even if two accounts are linked under family banking each account can only be accessed by the individual owner.

Can you access the account of another member in the group? I don't think that is possible. Disclaimer: Never tried, so don't know

No I also don't have.... But still linking will give some privlge to the primary account holder
I guess only in HDFC the primary account holder gets the combined statement of all the accounts under family banking.

That the only thing which gets shared.

Apart from this no other access in any way.

I guess only in HDFC the primary account holder gets the combined statement of all the accounts under family banking.

That the only thing which gets shared.

Apart from this no other access in any way.
Then ok... Will get spared with serial style drama.... And mostly banks wont allow with people other than legal or blood relations

Back