• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Are AirPods worth for Android users?

shash5252

TF Select
The Apple Back to School offer is live, and I'm considering buying the M2 MacBook Air, which comes with 2nd gen AirPods worth 20k. The total cost on the official website is 90k.

I can get the same laptop from an offline store for around 82k (8-9k less). Are the AirPods worth it for an Android user? I'm kinda confused since not all features might work. Also, how well do AirPods works with Android?

The Apple Back to School offer is live, and I'm considering buying the M2 MacBook Air, which comes with 2nd gen AirPods worth 20k. The total cost on the official website is 90k.

I can get the same laptop from an offline store for around 82k (8-9k less). Are the AirPods worth it for an Android user? I'm kinda confused since not all features might work. Also, how well do AirPods works with Android?

I don't use AirPods with Android but I know people who do. It's a bit gimped if you ask me, no Siri, no customizable double tap, no ear detection. If you can live without some of these features, sure go ahead but I wouldn't base my decisions solely on getting the Airpods. I'd factor in whether you are comfortable with the Mac ecosystem overall and plan to go down that route further (potentially switching to an iPhone).

Personally I prefer something like the Sony WF-1000 XM5s for Android in that price bucket

The Airpods are known for connecting seamlessly with the iPhone, so if you plan to buy Mac and use it, I don't think Airpods make sense. Airpods and iPhone are a killer combination. If you have an Android phone - Features will be minimal.

I used 1gen Airpods and Galaxy S9 in 2017 ( college days) . Connectivity is good , no complaints. However music quality takes a hit.

Anyways you can use AirPods on your mac too.

I don't use AirPods with Android but I know people who do. It's a bit gimped if you ask me, no Siri, no customizable double tap, no ear detection. If you can live without some of these features, sure go ahead but I wouldn't base my decisions solely on getting the Airpods. I'd factor in whether you are comfortable with the Mac ecosystem overall and plan to go down that route further (potentially switching to an iPhone).

Personally I prefer something like the Sony WF-1000 XM5s for Android in that price bucket
I don't plan on switching to an iphone, but I will be using the MacBook.

The Airpods are known for connecting seamlessly with the iPhone, so if you plan to buy Mac and use it, I don't think Airpods make sense. Airpods and iPhone are a killer combination. If you have an Android phone - Features will be minimal.
Yeah, many small but important features won't be usable. How's the AirPods with the MacBook?

I am using all Apple products. I started with iPad.

So here is my experience

1. If you can wait for big billion day to sale, wait for that, you will get M2 MacBook lot more cheaper

2. If it’s necessity to buy right now, try to have GST claim from authorised dealer

3. If you can’t claim GST, then go with Apple back to school offer with AirPods

Obviously, you will not able to access all the airport feature with android phone

But even with MacBook using AirPods is worth 8-9K more

And I’m pretty sure after you using MacBook, you will end up buying iPhone, iPad and other Apple products😉

If you plan to buy MacBook with AirPods, iPhone will automatically join the family within few months

not worth it at all....much better options available samsung, sony and sennheiser....buy airpods only if you are trapped in apple ecosystem no other reason...

Back