• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Are the Cards displayed here in the Screenshot pre-approved?

The logged into the axis bank internet banking - > Credit Card - > clicked on a banner for Apply for a new card - > redirected to a new page - > filled my cust id and pan - >logged in with otp - > filled some more details - > then got this page...there are 7 cards here in total
So are all of these cards pre-approved? or there is still a chance of rejection?

1685643382599.png

Attachments

• 1685643258760.png
    1685643258760.png
    84 KB · Views: 81

Rohan

TF Premier
The logged into the axis bank internet banking - > Credit Card - > clicked on a banner for Apply for a new card - > redirected to a new page - > filled my cust id and pan - >logged in with otp - > filled some more details - > then got this page...there are 7 cards here in total
So are all of these cards pre-approved? or there is still a chance of rejection?

1685643382599.png

You are eligible for cards show above based on information you provided to bank.

Yes there is a chance of rejection and approval bank can also do house verification. This process is like you are directly applying for credit card.

If you hold any axis card you can go to apply now section - credit card. There you can see pre-approved cards if your current card is not old enough you may see message "You already hold CC" you can check this section after 3 to 6 months.

CMG

TF Ace
TF Family
VIP Lounge
No, these are regular credit card options from Axis Bank based on the input you provided in the previous steps.There are chances of rejection and the last step will do a cibil enquiry.

The pre-approved offers will appear after clicking "Apply Now" on the app or website. This is a different screen where they will show the credit limit. If you do not have any pre-approved offers, clicking "Apply Now" will take you to the regular credit card application page (the one you have shared).

1685643382599.png
Yes. They're pre approved. I'm getting a list of 10 cards too. Not sure which one to get though.

Attachments

• IMG-20230601-WA0016.jpg
    IMG-20230601-WA0016.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG-20230601-WA0017.jpg
    IMG-20230601-WA0017.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG-20230601-WA0018.jpg
    IMG-20230601-WA0018.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 73

CMG

TF Ace
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Yes. They're pre approved. I'm getting a list of 10 cards too. Not sure which one to get though.
Most of the people in the comments above seem to think that they are not pre approved.
So, am still not sure about this.

Also, Magnus is a great choice of you can reach 1 lakh spends in a month
The attached images show the pre-approved cards screen. You can see the limit you will be getting on this screen.

starstruck

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
What if the person never travels or no travel requirement in coming two years or once in two years, for example?

What if the person spends only 30k per month that too with 25k online spends?

What if the person requirement is cashback instead of miles?

What if the person spends only in Amzn/FK and very less/no spends on other online websites and less than 40-50k per month spends?
1. People have to stay in hotels right. Even if no travel, one can sell the voucher here. Once in 2 years is even better. They can recover value basis all their spends for a greater reward.

2. If they can spend using the gyftr vouchers, they will get multipliers even for Swiggy, Domino's and Amazon. Axis gives voucher of 10000 every year. He can use the multipliers in gyftr and travel edge to get convert basis 0.2p even. One only has to recover the GST of 1800. For that even with no multiplier, the gst is recoverable basis spending INR 150,000 in a year. 30k per month is 180k in a year.

3. Same as above.

4. Even Amazon and FK have multipliers greater than 1x. The multipliers basis vouchers would recover the GST with 1 10k voucher each for Amazon Shopping and Flipkart right now for cashback.

Finally, he is in this forum. One can learn to get better rewards here.

Last edited:

starstruck

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
1. People have to stay in hotels right. Even if no travel, one can sell the voucher here. Once in 2 years is even better. They can recover value basis all their spends for a greater reward.

2. If they can spend using the gyftr vouchers, they will get multipliers even for Swiggy, Domino's and Amazon. Axis gives voucher of 10000 every year. He can use the multipliers in gyftr and travel edge to get convert basis 0.2p even. One only has to recover the GST of 1800. For that even with no multiplier, the gst is recoverable basis spending INR 150,000 in a year. 30k per month is 180k in a year.

3. Same as above.

4. Even Amazon and FK have multipliers greater than 1x. The multipliers basis coupons would recover the GST with 1 10k voucher each for Amazon Shopping and Flipkart right now for cashback.

Finally, he is in this forum. One can learn to get better rewards here.
These are all notwithstanding other benefits of the card.

starstruck

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
do correct me here (I definitely might have missed something):

Magnus:

Total spends in a year (as per above example): ~3,60,000
Online spends: 3,00,000
Offline spends: 60,000

Fee Paid: 11,800
Voucher obtained: 10,000
Actual fee paid: 1,800 (I ignored the opportunity cost here because that might confuse more)

that user has no travel requirement or only once in two years travel + need cashback/equivalent vouchers

so, to recover the 1,800 at the value of say 5% (triple rate, exceptional case)

this person has to spend: 36,000

Now this person recovered paid amount, remaining 3,24,000

Online (5% - same as above exceptional rate) = 13,200
Offline (2.4% - same exceptional rate) = 1,440

Overall return rate: ~4%

--------------------------

Lets say, this person took Millennia card

Fee: 1180
Cashpoints obtained: 1000

Actual fee paid: 180 (opportunity cost here very very less compared above scenario since direct cash, anyway ignore)

so, to recover the 180 at the value of say 5% (unlike above card, here direct benefit - its not exceptional case but rather direct)

this person has to spend: 3,600

remaining: 3,56,400

Online: 14,820 + 1,000 (because 2,96,400 online spends in a year requires atleast 1L/Quarter, considered 1 quarter here 1%)
Offline: 600 (1%)

Overall return rate: ~4.56%
--------------------------------

Not saying Magnus is bad card here, obviously if that user utilizes BMS 4 or 5 times - it will be even more. The point is not every question has 'Magnus answer'. If that person took magnus in this scenario have to find answers like 'when will reward points credited', 'how to spend 1L without actually spending', 'whether this transaction comes under eligible category or not', 'any one purchase travel vochers', etc. for 30k spends this much attension not required, IMO.

Again personal views, may not be suitable to all and if one can utilize like you said it might provide more value, my views based on mentioned scenario only.
The thing is the questions were asked basis Axis bank card options and not HDFC bank options.

If you want to go into semantics, not every question requires hypothetical scenarios that you have listed down.

The person asked what to choose among the options given and I replied to him. Among the options given, the best card in general is Magnus.

As for suitability, most of us are strangers to each other. Even if somebody gives an opinion, they will research on their own whether it applies to them or not especially when it comes to money. And we are all here to get the best out of the credit card game. To get the best out of it, attention is required.

s73uresh

TF Select

1685643382599.png
No these are available cards based on your profile. Usually bank agents come to know of preapproved cards and they call you to go to this page and select the card and apply for it. My daughter as student recently got a call and applied with no cibil checks or house verification and got the card in a week. She held priority account