• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Auto pay/Subscription payment for international transactions keep getting declined

altair21

TF Buzz
Hey folks,

I have been trying to complete an international transaction with my idfc wow but the issue is, the transaction keeps getting declined because its an auto-pay/subscription based payment, the only other way to pay is via paypal and those fuckers charge a shit ton on forex (and to add insult to the injury, you'll still get charged forex on your card too!), so is there any way I can complete the transaction with my CC? idfc just straight up declines the transaction without any reason given

Tejo

TF Legend
Hey folks,

I have been trying to complete an international transaction with my idfc wow but the issue is, the transaction keeps getting declined because its an auto-pay/subscription based payment, the only other way to pay is via paypal and those fuckers charge a shit ton on forex (and to add insult to the injury, you'll still get charged forex on your card too!), so is there any way I can complete the transaction with my CC? idfc just straight up declines the transaction without any reason given
Some foreign gateways don't use 3d secure page at all ... otp

Some Indian banks simply restrict the payments which don't use 3d secure page.

While using paypal cant you directly pay in foreign currency, as forex free on idfc wow???

altair21

TF Buzz
Some foreign gateways don't use 3d secure page at all ... otp

Some Indian banks simply restrict the payments which don't use 3d secure page.
no, they have a 3d secure page which redirects to IDFC's page for OTP
While using paypal cant you directly pay in foreign currency, as forex free on idfc wow???
huh? can you give more details? will paypal not charge fees with this method?

Tejo

TF Legend
no, they have a 3d secure page which redirects to IDFC's page for OTP

huh? can you give more details? will paypal not charge fees with this method?
When I checked last time

While doing inter. Payment via payapl using card, paypal asks to debit in foreign currency OR in local inr.

Once try and check

altair21

TF Buzz
yeah but paypal has their own conversion rate/fees which they dont show and just include in the exchange rate, and if it comes up without any input from my side then there's no option like that, I have my SBI card linked up with it and paypal just auto deducted the amount in local currency from it

wiizzard

TF Select
You can change this in paypal settings and stop paypal from doing DCC ( dynamic currency conversion)
The setting is hidden so you might have figure it out, but it's possible.

altair21

TF Buzz
You can change this in paypal settings and stop paypal from doing DCC ( dynamic currency conversion)
The setting is hidden so you might have figure it out, but it's possible.
ah damn, thanks this was it, had to select Euro during the checkout screen instead of inr