• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Ace Electricity Bill Payment GPay

CreditCardFino

TF Premier
Few DISCOMs are not live on BBPS so I can no longer pay electricity bills through GPay. I called the DISCOM they mentioned they are receiving many calls they are also helpless with the recent change. They also said DISCOM has no plans to register on BBPS. If I pay through bill desk they are charging 1% + GST also their platform is not reflecting due amount of last month. Did anyone get 1.5% cash back when payment was done for electricity without using GPay? Merchant category will show as Govt Services or Utility?

Last edited:
Few DISCOMs are not live on BBPS so I can no longer pay electricity bills through GPay. I called the DISCOM they mentioned they are receiving many calls they are also helpless with the recent change. They also said DISCOM has no plans to register on BBPS. If I pay through bill desk they are charging 1% + GST also their platform is not reflecting due amount of last month. Did anyone get 1.5% cash back when payment was done for electricity without using GPay? Merchant category will show as Govt Services or Utility?
This month i used idfc vistara card for bill directly on site
But 20k limit there if crossing then 1% charge
Reward 1/200 not bad

Buy amazon gift voucher and pay with that. You should be getting 1.5% I think (search once in forum to confirm). I don't have Ace anymore, I use sbi cashback for electricity bills (5% with gift card).

Buy amazon gift voucher and pay with that. You should be getting 1.5% I think (search once in forum to confirm). I don't have Ace anymore, I use sbi cashback for electricity bills (5% with gift card).
But SBI cashback annual fee is 1179. I don't do online spends much. On which site do you buy gift card using SBI cashback card?

Last edited:
From amazon directly.
Okay, Cashback card will treat that as online purchase got it. Cash back gets settled in statement right? Does utility payment using cashback credit card on Amazon Pay e.g electricity bill count as online payment? or buying gift card is the only option. Utility MCC excluded for cashback card? earlier you mentioned "You should be getting 1.5%" what was that?

Last edited:
Okay, Cashback card will treat that as online purchase got it. Cash back gets settled in statement right? Does utility payment using cashback credit card on Amazon Pay e.g electricity bill count as online payment? or buying gift card is the only option. Utility MCC excluded for cashback card? earlier you mentioned "You should be getting 1.5%" what was that?
Cashback settled within 2 days after statement generated. You won't get any cashback for utilities by using sbi cb card. You will need to buy gift voucher and use that, that's only option with sbi cb atm or third party sites (don't remember names, should be in sbi card section). Also utilities excluded.

Ignore the 1.5%, recent changes removed this. Only Google pay gives cb for utilities for axis Ace.

Cashback settled within 2 days after statement generated. You won't get any cashback for utilities by using sbi cb card. You will need to buy gift voucher and use that, that's only option with sbi cb atm or third party sites (don't remember names, should be in sbi card section). Also utilities excluded.

Ignore the 1.5%, recent changes removed this. Only Google pay gives cb for utilities for axis Ace.
I still don't get it why people choose SBI cashback for 1179 fee even for wallet we need to pay 1% + GST so final cashback is only 3.82% I can barely recover annual fee with that cashback. May be for those who do a lot of online transaction it is worth it.

I still don't get it why people choose SBI cashback for 1179 fee even for wallet we need to pay 1% + GST so final cashback is only 3.82% I can barely recover annual fee with that cashback. May be for those who do a lot of online transaction it is worth it.
I moved all of my spends to this card. Rest of the cards I have are LTF rarely uses it. For groceries, I go to reliance smart Bazaar. Pay with gift voucher (3% instant discount+ 5% on cb). For bills amazon gift vouchers, offline spends i would get atleast 1% or use gift vouchers if available (max, trends). UPI transactions are very rare for me. I don't use wallet reload.

My spend already reached 1.5L in 5 months. Bought a phone for a friend, bought some electronic items, pay electricity bills (it was 14k for two months due to heat wave and AC), internet bills, offline cloth purchases, etc.. almost everything is done via this card. CB is around 6.7k total (without including instant cb). And I pay bill with hdfc platinum dc 1% more.

I moved all of my spends to this card. Rest of the cards I have are LTF rarely uses it. For groceries, I go to reliance smart Bazaar. Pay with gift voucher (3% instant discount+ 5% on cb). For bills amazon gift vouchers, offline spends i would get atleast 1% or use gift vouchers if available (max, trends). UPI transactions are very rare for me. I don't use wallet reload.

My spend already reached 1.5L in 5 months. Bought a phone for a friend, bought some electronic items, pay electricity bills (it was 14k for two months due to heat wave and AC), internet bills, offline cloth purchases, etc.. almost everything is done via this card. CB is around 6.7k total (without including instant cb). And I pay bill with hdfc platinum dc 1% more.
That's the problem you have to limit your self to this one card. Occasionally LTF cards give vouchers (you can chose any brand). I recently got 10% CB up to Rs 350 on Kotak, 500 voucher for 1000 spend on StanChar, Visa Tap pay offer. I have 8 visa credit cards Rs 2200 amazon shopping vouchers. HDFC gave 1500 voucher for four Rs 500 transactions on credit card. Also 100 voucher for tap and pay. 500 voucher for debit card. HSBC 10% off on AJIO. It will sum up close to 6000. I don't remember other vouchers I have got from ICICI.

I need not pay any fee for the above. You must deduct annual fee from the cash back at the end to get the final return.

When there is no offer I can buy reliance smart in store voucher at 3% discount with Amazon Pay ICICI and get 3% cashback.

For mobile during launch Amazon will tie up with some bank and offer flat 10%, extended warranty and other perks.

For train and bus I use HDFC card to get 5% off. (LTF)

For movies HPCL Coral 25% off twice a month up to 100 (LTF)

For fuel One card, HPCL Coral, Amazon ICIC all three have no min 400 spend for surcharge waiver (LTF)

For utility nothing can beat Airtel card 25% and 10% for non airtel.

Above all I have my own meal card loaded every month I need to spent that amount as well for food, grocery

Last edited:
That's the problem you have to limit your self to this one card. Occasionally LTF cards give vouchers (you can chose any brand). I recently got 10% CB up to Rs 350 on Kotak, 500 voucher for 1000 spend on StanChar, Visa Tap pay offer. I have 8 visa credit cards Rs 2200 amazon shopping vouchers. HDFC gave 1500 voucher for four Rs 500 transactions on credit card. Also 100 voucher for tap and pay. 500 voucher for debit card. HSBC 10% off on AJIO. It will sum up close to 6000. I don't remember other vouchers I have got from ICICI.

I need not pay any fee for the above. You must deduct annual fee from the cash back at the end to get the final return.

When there is no offer I can buy reliance smart in store voucher at 3% discount with Amazon Pay ICICI and get 3% cashback.

For mobile during launch Amazon will tie up with some bank and offer flat 10%, extended warranty and other perks.

For train and bus I use HDFC card to get 5% off.
I don't have any other good cards, amazon pay and sbi cb is the most used card. In hdfc I got moneyback plus. And yes I did receive 1500 for it. 500 for imperio + 200rs for new federal wave rupay.

For my spends i only found this sbi card to be useful, i had tata neu plus card paid FYF, but closed it after a month, not much use for me. I don't usually buy products from tata, it's pricy compared to amazon and flipkart.

CC from HSBC,AU,Indus,Kotak,BOB,SBM,AMEX are not serviceable at my location.

It's not that I limit myself to this card, it's because it's the only one good card I have.

I don't have any other good cards, amazon pay and sbi cb is the most used card. In hdfc I got moneyback plus. And yes I did receive 1500 for it. 500 for imperio + 200rs for new federal wave rupay.

For my spends i only found this sbi card to be useful, i had tata neu plus card paid FYF, but closed it after a month, not much use for me. I don't usually buy products from tata, it's pricy compared to amazon and flipkart.

CC from HSBC,AU,Indus,Kotak,BOB,SBM,AMEX are not serviceable at my location.

It's not that I limit myself to this card, it's because it's the only one good card I have.
It make sense why some people prefer SBI cashback card.

Back