• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis ACE Limit Enhancement - How I finally got it after fighting for months

theneerex

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge

A little backstory:​

I got the Axis ACE card in Jan 2021 after applying for it in the end of Dec 2020. I already had an existing credit card with Axis Bank in the form of Neo credit card, which was LTF as part of my salary account. ACE was given the same credit limit as Neo, which was just 40k at that time. 40k was too little, it wasn't even equal to my monthly income.

Going forward, the Neo card got multiple limit enhancements. The limit went from 40k in Jan 2021 to 1.9L in Mar 2022. But strangely, ACE card's limit was not increased even by a rupee. I kept waiting for months, but there was no LE offer. I got frustrated, as this is the most rewarding card I have and am unable to use it beyond a certain limit ( I didn't want to go beyond the 30% usage). I talked to the customer care, asked them for a LE. They said I need to submit payslips for the last three months. I was pretty sure that I was going to get a LE, because I've switched jobs and my income has increased significantly since I took the ACE card.

Little did I know that I'll be fighting with the customer support of Axis for next few months...

Issues with LE:​

I initially approached the customer care of Axis Bank is Dec 2021 asking for a LE. I submitted the payslips like they asked. My request for LE got rejected saying that the work address in my credit card and the company address in my payslips don't match.

Here started my attemps to update the work address in my credit card. I have called the customer care multiple times, and they would take my request every single time and it would be closed after 5 days citing some issue. I had to narrate and spell the address to the customer care executives on call, which was a tedious process. I had done that dozens of times till now, and every request was rejected after a week citing one or the other "technical issues".

But there was this one time when they actually started the process of updating the address, and sent an agent to verify the work address. This was also a failure because I was working from home, and the agent didn't even bother to call and talk to me.

Tired of talking to the customer care, I went to the bank and tried to get it updated. To my surprise, the employees had no clue how to update the work address. They were asking me to cancel this card, and take a new one with the new work address, or to call the customer care. This time, I remembered that Axis has a special helpline number for ACE, so I called them. The agent agreed to help the bank employees in updating my address. I was sitting right beside the employee, while she was talking to the customer care and followign the steps he's saying. To my surprise, we couldn't find any option to update the work address in the employee's computer.

Tired of trying out every available method, I started writing to nodal officers and PNOs. They were all giving robotic responses. No use.

I lost all hopes of ever getting a LE on my favourite card. I even opened an account with HDFC, and decided to move all my banking to HDFC. I was anyway planing on taking a HDFC super premium card in the next year or two, and having a salary account with them will make it easier.

Success at last:​

I was browsing through this forum, and found a post about removing the per card limit on axis cards, and having a single shared limit. I wanted to try it, and started chatting with a customer care executive on axis bank support website. He said he can't remove the per card limit, but can raise a request for LE on my ACE credit card.

This time, I decided to do things differently.

- I did not tell the him about the work address issue, and confirmed that I was still working at the old work location.
- I don't have a salary account with Axis anymore, its now a regular saving account because my company (a young startup) is not registered with Axis Bank. But I gave him my savings account number (last 4 digits) when he asked for my salary account details.
- Because of the above I did not have to submit any payslips, so no chance of work address issue again.

He asked me my expected credit limit and took the request. I asked for a limit of 2L, because I have 3 other cards at that limit, and thought it would not be rejected.

The next day, I saw an enquiry from Axis bank to CIBIL. So my hopes were getting higher. I was excitedly looking forward to getting a LE, but was also scared that it might be rejected.

Finally, today the ticket was marked as closed, so I checked the app and found that my limit has been increased without any notification. At last I'm happy that these months of struggle and fighting with the customer care didn't go to waste. I can be peaceful now, until I need a LE again 😂. Hope Axis Bank improves its customer service by that time.

Thanks @TechnoFino for the post on removal of per card limit, which finally led to me getting my desired credit limiit enhancement.

NOTE: If anyone of you is facing issues with LE due to work address change, these are my tips for you:
  1. Chat with the customer care, don't call them. The executives on call seem to be clueless
  2. Even if you don't have a salary account with Axis, you can tell them that its your savings account is your salary account, and proceed with the request.
  3. If you follow step 2, you won't have to submit your payslips (they will say address doesn't match in the payslips)
  4. It'll be a frustrating process, so good luck.

I have also tried to chat customer care for limit enhancement .
Support person was asking how much limits you want, i told him the maximum i can get and he has taken my request.
Lets see what will happen.
Do you also have the work address related issue? Otherwise it shouldn't be very difficult getting a LE

I got the Axis ACE card in Jan 2021 after applying for it in the end of Dec 2020. I already had an existing credit card with Axis Bank in the form of Neo credit card, which was LTF as part of my salary account. ACE was given the same credit limit as Neo, which was just 40k at that time. 40k was too little, it wasn't even equal to my monthly income.

Going forward, the Neo card got multiple limit enhancements. The limit went from 40k in Jan 2021 to 1.9L in Mar 2022. But strangely, ACE card's limit was not increased even by a rupee. I kept waiting for months, but there was no LE offer. I got frustrated, as this is the most rewarding card I have and am unable to use it beyond a certain limit ( I didn't want to go beyond the 30% usage). I talked to the customer care, asked them for a LE. They said I need to submit payslips for the last three months. I was pretty sure that I was going to get a LE, because I've switched jobs and my income has increased significantly since I took the ACE card.

Little did I know that I'll be fighting with the customer support of Axis for next few months...

I initially approached the customer care of Axis Bank is Dec 2021 asking for a LE. I submitted the payslips like they asked. My request for LE got rejected saying that the work address in my credit card and the company address in my payslips don't match.

Here started my attemps to update the work address in my credit card. I have called the customer care multiple times, and they would take my request every single time and it would be closed after 5 days citing some issue. I had to narrate and spell the address to the customer care executives on call, which was a tedious process. I had done that dozens of times till now, and every request was rejected after a week citing one or the other "technical issues".

But there was this one time when they actually started the process of updating the address, and sent an agent to verify the work address. This was also a failure because I was working from home, and the agent didn't even bother to call and talk to me.

Tired of talking to the customer care, I went to the bank and tried to get it updated. To my surprise, the employees had no clue how to update the work address. They were asking me to cancel this card, and take a new one with the new work address, or to call the customer care. This time, I remembered that Axis has a special helpline number for ACE, so I called them. The agent agreed to help the bank employees in updating my address. I was sitting right beside the employee, while she was talking to the customer care and followign the steps he's saying. To my surprise, we couldn't find any option to update the work address in the employee's computer.

Tired of trying out every available method, I started writing to nodal officers and PNOs. They were all giving robotic responses. No use.

I lost all hopes of ever getting a LE on my favourite card. I even opened an account with HDFC, and decided to move all my banking to HDFC. I was anyway planing on taking a HDFC super premium card in the next year or two, and having a salary account with them will make it easier.

I was browsing through this forum, and found a post about removing the per card limit on axis cards, and having a single shared limit. I wanted to try it, and started chatting with a customer care executive on axis bank support website. He said he can't remove the per card limit, but can raise a request for LE on my ACE credit card.

- I did not tell the him about the work address issue, and confirmed that I was still working at the old work location.
- I don't have a salary account with Axis anymore, its now a regular saving account because my company (a young startup) is not registered with Axis Bank. But I gave him my savings account number (last 4 digits) when he asked for my salary account details.
- Because of the above I did not have to submit any payslips, so no chance of work address issue again.

He asked me my expected credit limit and took the request. I asked for a limit of 2L, because I have 3 other cards at that limit, and thought it would not be rejected.

The next day, I saw an enquiry from Axis bank to CIBIL. So my hopes were getting higher. I was excitedly looking forward to getting a LE, but was also scared that it might be rejected.

Finally, today the ticket was marked as closed, so I checked the app and found that my limit has been increased without any notification. At last I'm happy that these months of struggle and fighting with the customer care didn't go to waste. I can be peaceful now, until I need a LE again 😂. Hope Axis Bank improves its customer service by that time.

Thanks @TechnoFino for the post on removal of per card limit, which finally led to me getting my desired credit limiit enhancement.

NOTE: If anyone of you is facing issues with LE due to work address change, these are my tips for you:
  1. Chat with the customer care, don't call them. The executives on call seem to be clueless
  2. Even if you don't have a salary account with Axis, you can tell them that its your savings account is your salary account, and proceed with the request.
  3. If you follow step 2, you won't have to submit your payslips (they will say address doesn't match in the payslips)
What if person is not having any axis savings account?

how to chat with customer care ?

Hey, How did you know about the work address? Because I call them many time but they don't provide proper answer for rejection of limit enhancement..

Back