• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Airport Concierge (Meet & Greet) Experience at BLR Airport Domestic

MilesMax

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hi Guys,

I recently (23rd Feb) Used Axis Airport Concierge (Meet & Greet) service for 2 people using my Magnus card for Domestic Departure.

I filling the details on the extraordinary weekends website a few days before, and I got a confirmation email for the same.

On the day of the flight, I got a call in the morning that there will be an executive waiting for me as soon as I reach the airport. He also told me call back the same number when I cross the toll booth.

I called the guy, He asked me for the taxi number which I came from. I reached the airport. I waited for around a minute and no one came near the Taxi driver had to leave.
I called him up again and we met at a common point near the departure.

My booking was a normal Indigo Domestic ticket without any priority check-in pre-booked. I didn't have Digi Yatra either.
The executive offered to hold our bags and took us through the Digi Yatra Entry, He spoke to the security guard and took us through there.

Check-in:
He took us to the queue for the normal check-in process. I told him that the Concierge team had told me the check-in would be fast-tracked, why is he taking us in the normal queue?
He was like ok let's check the fast track counter of Indigo, but they rejected it as our ticket didn't have priority check-in opted. Since we were anyway near the counter he just took our bags to the next counter effectively cutting the long line behind, it was a sneaky move by him to make the process faster. Since he was the airport staff the counter guys were fine with it. They probably see this every day.

Security Check:
Bangalore Airport does not have a separate security check-in line for Digi Yatra or Domestic Business class. (Not sure about the International terminal)
He just went around to see which queue was the shortest, and then in the shortest queue he started removing the barricade tags to let us in and break the lines, He removed 3 such barricade tags. Since he looked like an executive wearing a suit and assisting us like we were VIPs, no one in the queue had issues but I still didn't feel that good there breaking a normal queue. Wish BLR airport makes a priority queue for a Security check as well.

Finally, we finished the security, He also helped us to re-pack the bags as well.
He almost saved us 45-60mins of time we would have spent in the queues for sure.

My friend didn't have a credit card that works in Zero Eight Zero Domestic lounge, So I used my Magnus and Priority Pass to get access for the both of us there.
They scanned my Boarding pass twice as the Priority pass and Magnus was in my name.
(btw Vistara Infinite doesn't work in this lounge either)

Overall the service was effective and did save us a lot of time.

I also used the MG service in Bangalore recently , I found it pretty basic . Also I feel this service is not justified in domestic travel , best usage is to cut the immigration check in international arrival . I used Marhabba services( Meet & Greet) quite a few times over dubai and other airports , and that is really useful far better than the ones provided by extra-ordinary weekend in domestic

I also used the MG service in Bangalore recently , I found it pretty basic . Also I feel this service is not justified in domestic travel , best usage is to cut the immigration check in international arrival . I used Marhabba services( Meet & Greet) quite a few times over dubai and other airports , and that is really useful far better than the ones provided by extra-ordinary weekend in domestic
It's decent since it's offered free of cost, it did save quite some time for us. The issue is actually with the airport itself for not having priority security. Delhi and other airports have it.

Marhaba looks interesting. Which service did you opt for exactly? I see bronze, silver etc in MG.

It's decent since it's offered free of cost, it did save quite some time for us. The issue is actually with the airport itself for not having priority security. Delhi and other airports have it.

Marhaba looks interesting. Which service did you opt for exactly? I see bronze, silver etc in MG.
I opted for Family Gold service

Hi Guys,

I recently (23rd Feb) Used Axis Airport Concierge (Meet & Greet) service for 2 people using my Magnus card for Domestic Departure.

I filling the details on the extraordinary weekends website a few days before, and I got a confirmation email for the same.

On the day of the flight, I got a call in the morning that there will be an executive waiting for me as soon as I reach the airport. He also told me call back the same number when I cross the toll booth.

I called the guy, He asked me for the taxi number which I came from. I reached the airport. I waited for around a minute and no one came near the Taxi driver had to leave.

My booking was a normal Indigo Domestic ticket without any priority check-in pre-booked. I didn't have Digi Yatra either.
The executive offered to hold our bags and took us through the Digi Yatra Entry, He spoke to the security guard and took us through there.

Check-in:
He took us to the queue for the normal check-in process. I told him that the Concierge team had told me the check-in would be fast-tracked, why is he taking us in the normal queue?
He was like ok let's check the fast track counter of Indigo, but they rejected it as our ticket didn't have priority check-in opted. Since we were anyway near the counter he just took our bags to the next counter effectively cutting the long line behind, it was a sneaky move by him to make the process faster. Since he was the airport staff the counter guys were fine with it. They probably see this every day.

Security Check:
Bangalore Airport does not have a separate security check-in line for Digi Yatra or Domestic Business class. (Not sure about the International terminal)
He just went around to see which queue was the shortest, and then in the shortest queue he started removing the barricade tags to let us in and break the lines, He removed 3 such barricade tags. Since he looked like an executive wearing a suit and assisting us like we were VIPs, no one in the queue had issues but I still didn't feel that good there breaking a normal queue. Wish BLR airport makes a priority queue for a Security check as well.

Finally, we finished the security, He also helped us to re-pack the bags as well.
He almost saved us 45-60mins of time we would have spent in the queues for sure.

My friend didn't have a credit card that works in Zero Eight Zero Domestic lounge, So I used my Magnus and Priority Pass to get access for the both of us there.
They scanned my Boarding pass twice as the Priority pass and Magnus was in my name.

thanks for the sharing the exp. how many services were used in your card - 2(since 2 passengers )or 1?

I'm not able to see any kind service. just the option to provide flight details and passenger details. where did you see this option?

Security Check:
Nope, no fast-tracking there either.

The only real fast-tracking is for the entry to the airport. No fast-tracking at the airline checkin counter, unless you've a business/first class ticket, but you get a priority checkin for that without this M&G service anyway. However, the guy will stand in queue for you and you can take a seat nearby if the queue is long and go to the checkin kiosk when he reaches there.

I had used the M&G service last month when I was traveling international with my mom. She had made full use of the luggage quota and so we had lot of bags and they were heavy. This M&G person helped carry all that, it was really helpful and saved a lot of effort. He seemed to know the person at the checkin counter too, and somehow that helped us checkin all our luggage. The ticket said 30 + 7, but thanks to him, all 37 (of each of us) were checked in at no extra cost.

He also helps with the trays at the security check. Once the check was done and we were picking up our shoes and belts from the trays, found him following us and he too was picking up his shoes and belt. He too had to go through the security check.

Nope, no fast-tracking there either.
It's high time they do something about it. Atleast business/ first class passangers should have fast security.

I had used the M&G service last month when I was traveling international with my mom. She had made full use of the luggage quota and so we had lot of bags and they were heavy. This M&G person helped carry all that, it was really helpful and saved a lot of effort. He seemed to know the person at the checkin counter too, and somehow that helped us checkin all our luggage. The ticket said 30 + 7, but thanks to him, all 37 (of each of us) were checked in at no extra cost.

How many executives were assigned for you?

How many executives were assigned for you?
Just one. The guy who greeted us first at the airport dropoff looked at our bags, called someone on his phone, asked to come to so and so location and said only person was sufficient. Though there were a few bags, they could all fit in one trolley, so probably because of that.

Hi Guys,

Check-in:

Security Check:

For vistara infinite it works they have direct entry to 080 lounge when I asked the rep there. No swiping if u are gold member and hold vistara ticket she said . But I swiped for someone else who was trying with is card hdfs times world but rejected. Then I thought let me help this guy entry I swiped my jnfinite card and she scanned my ticket and also his. And later 3 hrs he came with a big smile took selfie with me and said he wanted it for memory. Although I asked why he wanted selfie. Maybe he wanted to thank his way of doing. Anyways I had diners 12 lounge access but this time it did not work although it shows diners accepted. Maybe because of new devaluation condition 5000 inr previous month but I had spent 40k still error on swipe machine.

Just one. The guy who greeted us first at the airport dropoff looked at our bags, called someone on his phone, asked to come to so and so location and said only person was sufficient. Though there were a few bags, they could all fit in one trolley, so probably because of that.
I travelled on 23rd July vistara ticket holders and gold member direct entry to 080 lounge bangalore T2 must be same rule in T1 and T3 too

Had used M&G services couple of months ago in Delhi and Bangalore for Domestic flights. Have to say the service is Bangalore is almost non existent meaning not worth it at all..You dont feel like a VIP as there is no separate queue for Fast track. They just help u with the luggage(anyhow it has a trolley). Unfortunately i just had one and i had no problems carrying it myself. Whereas Delhi was amazing. They got me through the cabin crew counter and gave me a Buugy service at the end to raeach my gate...And voila! i was at my gate in less than 10mins
Got to know the services differ from airport to airport. So guys i would suggest not to waste your M&G service at BLR airport if you are a frequent traveller.

Had used M&G services couple of months ago in Delhi and Bangalore for Domestic flights. Have to say the service is Bangalore is almost non existent meaning not worth it at all..You dont feel like a VIP as there is no separate queue for Fast track. They just help u with the luggage(anyhow it has a trolley). Unfortunately i just had one and i had no problems carrying it myself. Whereas Delhi was amazing. They got me through the cabin crew counter and gave me a Buugy service at the end to raeach my gate...And voila! i was at my gate in less than 10mins
Got to know the services differ from airport to airport. So guys i would suggest not to waste your M&G service at BLR airport if you are a frequent traveller.
Same in Mumbai T1. No priority check-in or security. Just porter service from Pranaam. Almost useless.
BLR was way better, They did cut both check-in and security check queues for us.

Back