• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Hotel Points Axis B group for points transfer

Status
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.

drsel

TF Prestige
What is the best option to transfer points to Axis group B?

Air France--KLM Dutch 67--80 paisa
Quantas Australia 53 paisa
Air Asia 17.67 paisa (0.01 MYR)
Air India 50--60 paisa
Vistara 75--90 paisa
Spicejet 50 paisa

ITC hotels Rs.1 (60 Paisa after discounting)
Marriott 40 paisa
IHG hotels 42 paisa

2 ITC Green Points = 3 Marriott Bonvoy points
Minimum redemption value of 2,000 Green Points per conversion, up to a maximum of 10,000 Green Points per member per quarter in a calendar year. To place a point conversion request, login to your Club ITC account or email clubitc.care@itc.in
So Marriott points are worth 2/3rd of ITC points

3 ITC Green Points = 2 Club Vistara Points
A minimum conversion of 600 Green Points is required per conversion request and thereafter in multiples of 150 Green Points.A maximum of 60,000 Green Points may be converted per member per calendar year
So ITC points are worth 2/3rd of Vistara points

This explains the fair value of the points of all 3,
Vistara, ITC and Marriott --
If Vistara is 90 Paisa then ITC is 60 paisa and Marriott is 40 paisa (even Amex sells their Amex reward points at 40 paisa, with 1:1 conversion into Marriott hotel points

Last edited:
After exhausting the two lakh points limit for group A, what is the best option to transfer points to group B?

Air France--KLM Dutch
Quantas Australia
Air Asia
Air India
Vistara
Spicejet

ITC hotels
IHG hotels
ITC and Vistara/air India is better option to me

Since I find ITC hotels overpriced, I will go for Vistara, because they have both international & domestic flights.
Vistara Point value is 60 to 90 paisa, not too bad compare to Accor.

Air India point value is only 50--75 paisa.
Did you know Air Asia point is only 17.67 paisa?

Last edited:
Since I find ITC hotels overpriced, I will go for Vistara, because they have both international & domestic flights.
Vistara Point value is 65 to 90 paisa, not too bad compare to Accor.

I read that Air India point value is only 50 paisa or less.
Did you know Air Asia point is only 17.67 paisa?
In a few months, Vistara will be no more. Then your Vistara points will be worth again at 50p.

2 ITC Green Points = 3 Marriott Bonvoy points
Minimum redemption value of 2,000 Green Points per conversion, up to a maximum of 10,000 Green Points per member per quarter in a calendar year. To place a point conversion request, login to your Club ITC account or email clubitc.care@itc.in
So Marriott points are worth 2/3rd of ITC points

3 ITC Green Points = 2 Club Vistara Points
A minimum conversion of 600 Green Points is required per conversion request and thereafter in multiples of 150 Green Points.A maximum of 60,000 Green Points may be converted per member per calendar year
So ITC points are worth 2/3rd of Vistara points

This explains the fair value of the points of all 3,
Vistara, ITC and Marriott --
If Vistara is 90 Paisa then ITC is 60 paisa and Marriott is 40 paisa (even Amex sells their Amex reward points at 40 paisa, with 1:1 conversion into Marriott hotel points.

Last edited:
How to transfer Group B to A
You cannot, this is the problem.
Once you exhausted 2 lakh points limit of group A, you have to transfer to group B.

Or you can hold your points & wait till 1st January for next year 2 lakh points limit to get released

Last edited:
How can you put value on ffps like this. It only makes sense if you have some route to fly or hotel to book. Vistara will have decent value for economy flights on some domestic route but for business class long haul it will get spanked by some other programs

How did you arrive at Air India for 50 paisa. I recently saw some options and was able to find value upwards of 1 rupee

I am only considering point value for economy seats, because if you had to pay 100% from your pocket, almost everyone would book economy seats
This is a big caveat. With premium economy you can easily get upwards of 1rs. And i just checked for DEL-BLR sector economy seat, still able to get 80paisa value

I am only considering point value for economy seats, because if you had to pay 100% from your pocket, almost everyone would book economy seats
I understand your argument, but for me, I calculate both, If I was traveling same route via economy and if I was traveling in Business.

Like Recently I had a flight for 5.5hrs, RED-EYE flight. Economy was about 15k with luggage and Business was 75k with luggage.

If I do both with points then it was 13.5k points + 6krs for econ and 39k points + 5krs.

Here because it was RED-EYE and 5.5hrs long flight, business was non-argumentative, simply for the luxury of sleeping thru.

in Econ per mile value would have been = 0.67Rs each or 0.536 per point of axis.

However Business clocks at 1.77Rs per mile or 1.42Rs per point of axis.

Which in my opinion is more VFM for me personal.

If it was a day flight, I would still have done it in economy, however night flight, with lounge access and all, does make it more lucrative.

Also the fact that I wont be going into business class if it weren't for points.

This is a big caveat. With premium economy you can easily get upwards of 1rs. And i just checked for DEL-BLR sector economy seat, still able to get 80paisa value
You also need to consider the extra charges and taxes added to the points
Example Mumbai to Bangalore 3600 revenue ticket all inclusive or 4000 point + 1000 extra charges.
This makes the point worth (3600 - 1000) / 4000
or 65 paisa

I understand your argument, but for me, I calculate both, If I was traveling same route via economy and if I was traveling in Business.

Like Recently I had a flight for 5.5hrs, RED-EYE flight. Economy was about 15k with luggage and Business was 75k with luggage.

If I do both with points then it was 13.5k points + 6krs for econ and 39k points + 5krs.

Here because it was RED-EYE and 5.5hrs long flight, business was non-argumentative, simply for the luxury of sleeping thru.

in Econ per mile value would have been = 0.67Rs each or 0.536 per point of axis.

However Business clocks at 1.77Rs per mile or 1.42Rs per point of axis.

Which in my opinion is more VFM for me personal.

If it was a day flight, I would still have done it in economy, however night flight, with lounge access and all, does make it more lucrative.

Also the fact that I wont be going into business class if it weren't for points.
to calculate the value of the airtickets --
if the point is 67 paisa for an economy seat, then the economy flight ticket comes to 9000+6000=15000
And the business class ticket comes to 26000+5000=31000.
If you are willing to pay 16000 more (over 100% more) for business class, then only go for it

Status
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.
Back