• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Bank CC Payment via CRED before BBPS onboarding

Anshit

TF Buzz
Hello Everyone,

Does anyone has confirmed information if we can still make Axis CC payments via CRED as Axis is still not on BBPS, I called up CRED support last month, The rep said yes I can make payment but was rather confused and was in hurry to get me off the phone, I did not take a chance and made the payment via Axis Bank app...I emailed them this month, A rep called and informed me that they can process Axis CC payments but when asked about the processing time frame, The rep said they are there to help if there any is any problem 😐...It would helpful if some can confirm if they made Axis CC payments via CRED without any issues and delay in July...

Hello Everyone,

Does anyone has confirmed information if we can still make Axis CC payments via CRED as Axis is still not on BBPS, I called up CRED support last month, The rep said yes I can make payment but was rather confused and was in hurry to get me off the phone, I did not take a chance and made the payment via Axis Bank app...I emailed them this month, A rep called and informed me that they can process Axis CC payments but when asked about the processing time frame, The rep said they are there to help if there any is any problem 😐...It would helpful if some can confirm if they made Axis CC payments via CRED without any issues and delay in July...
I don't know about CRED but it's working in Mobikwik & all payments are processed instantly. I tried VISA, Master & Rupay Cards of Axis.

Hello Everyone,

I paid via Cred instantly the amount was credited to my Axis CC via cred on both Rupay & Mastercard CC
Also, SBI Unipay working for Axis tested a day before yesterday.

Hello Everyone,

Who said axis is not on BBPS?
Axis is now on BBPS and you can use jio finance App, select axis Bank and enter bank linked mobile number along with Card's Last four Digits and I'll fatch your bill and make payment, I'll credited instantly.

I paid via Cred instantly the amount was credited to my Axis CC via cred on both Rupay & Mastercard CC
Also, SBI Unipay working for Axis tested a day before yesterday.
You have Axis Airtel RuPay & Master, both variant?

Nice

Who said axis is not on BBPS?
Axis is now on BBPS and you can use jio finance App, select axis Bank and enter bank linked mobile number along with Card's Last four Digits and I'll fatch your bill and make payment, I'll credited instantly.
It's all over the news that AXIS is still in process of On boarding to BBPS and the CRED rep also confirmed that AXIS is not on board yet

Great! Seems like CRED reps need to wake up!
Why? lmao...

In BBPS, everything is controlled as per bank, you can't pay more than dues or once monthly bill settled.

While Cred, Mobikwik, Amazon, etc uses IMPS/NEFT method where you have independence of paying whatever amount you want even multiple x of your limit, you don't need to be bill generated as it's case with BBPS.

That is the pro of these apps right now & cons of BBPS.

Why? lmao...

In BBPS, everything is controlled as per bank, you can't pay more than dues or once monthly bill settled.

While Cred, Mobikwik, Amazon, etc uses IMPS/NEFT method where you have independence of paying whatever amount you want even multiple x of your limit, you don't need to be bill generated as it's case with BBPS.

That is the pro of these apps right now & cons of BBPS.
I love the flexibility with IMPS/ NEFT but it isn't it a RBI mandate now to process all CC payments via BBPS?...I just want my payments to be credited instantly and don't want to be late on anything

Hello Everyone,

I paid Rs. 1000/- to my Axis Bank CC yesterday evening through CRED. Payment was credited to my card account instantly (IMPS payment) Also, got ₹29 cashback for this transaction 😎

I love the flexibility with IMPS/ NEFT but it isn't it a RBI mandate now to process all CC payments via BBPS?...I just want my payments to be credited instantly and don't want to be late on anything
RBI mandate is for all banks to be live on BBPS so even small payment apps can process CC bills for it's customers using BBPS API. Indirectly RBI doesn't want monopoly of any one app in this sector.

Now there are 100s of platforms processing CC bills. But BBPS has own limitations.

And IMPS NEFT is old style OG payment system, which cannot be shut off.

BBPS ia just an extra option, while payment apps have to decide that they want BBPS API or build own credit card payment system using IMPS NEFT method.

Hope all doubts cleared now.

Back