• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis bank CC rent/petrol restrictions?

ankurq7

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
While using my Magnus card, I used cred to pay my Flat maintenance fee on 3rd. Today (5th) when I tried to pay house rent via cred, it said transaction declined due to security purposes. When I called the GREAT customer care, they said they are having technical difficulties with Cred and asked to use another app.

Then I tried using Paytm, and that too declined the transaction. When I called the customer care again, they say that they have introduced a new rule to restrict "commercial use"of credit card. You can only make 2 rent transactions a month. I said I have made only 1 this month. They said there is a cooling period between each transaction! How many days? They dont know!

They also said there is a restriction on petrol usage upto 9,999 per day (but he sounded like he had no clarity for sure)

Anyone faced such issues?

Effective from 10th May, 2022, the EDGE REWARDS for Rental transactions done on your Axis Bank Credit Card* will accrue up to Rs. 50,000/- per transaction. Such Rental transactions are identified through Merchant Category Codes (MCC) – 6513, as defined by Network E.g. Visa, MasterCard, RuPay.

For Axis Bank Reserve Credit card and Axis Bank Burgundy Private credit card, the EDGE REWARDS for Rental transactions done on your Axis Bank Credit Card will accrue up to Rs. 100,000/- per transaction.

Effective from 10th May, 2022, the EDGE REWARDS for Rental transactions done on your Axis Bank Credit Card* will accrue up to Rs. 50,000/- per transaction. Such Rental transactions are identified through Merchant Category Codes (MCC) – 6513, as defined by Network E.g. Visa, MasterCard, RuPay.

For Axis Bank Reserve Credit card and Axis Bank Burgundy Private credit card, the EDGE REWARDS for Rental transactions done on your Axis Bank Credit Card will accrue up to Rs. 100,000/- per transaction.
Does this mean using Magnus max rent per month can be 50k ?

They are restricting rental payments across platforms on Magnus. Last month, my transaction (20K) went through in Magicbricks, but this time getting declined due to security reasons. The customer service said that there is restriction on few rental merchants.
Funny thing is, Axis is promoting MagicBricks with 10x rewards points but then restricting the transaction! 🤦
Escalated to PNO, but not expecting any resolution.

Back