• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

axis bank interest debit charges and gst reversel

vikirai

TF Buzz
my axis bank ace card total bill was around 96000 but i paid only 95000 and now axis bank imposed rs. 4800 debit interest and rs. 861 gst on new bill please help how to get reversel for that

my axis bank ace card total bill was around 96000 but i paid only 95000 and now axis bank imposed rs. 4800 debit interest and rs. 861 gst on new bill please help how to get reversel for that
raise a complaint
they can only charge interest and gst on amount due not on whole oustanding amount
take this up with rbi ombudsman
because minimum amount due is already paid so the 1000 rs outstanding even if converted to emi shouldnt cost this much

raise a complaint
they can only charge interest and gst on amount due not on whole oustanding amount
take this up with rbi ombudsman
because minimum amount due is already paid so the 1000 rs outstanding even if converted to emi shouldnt cost this much
RBI already Impsosd Penalty in Cores on Axis Bank for charging incorrect Charges.

I do not think Axis still repeat the same mistakes even after RBI Imposed Penalty.

OP did not shared when he paid 95k

Before Due Date how much Amount is paid and after due date but before Grace period end ,How much Amount is paid.

RBI already Impsosd Penalty in Cores on Axis Bank for charging incorrect Charges.

I do not think Axis still repeat the same mistakes even after RBI Imposed Penalty.

OP did not shared when he paid 95k

Before Due Date how much Amount is paid and after due date but before Grace period end ,How much Amount is paid.
I was paid rs.95000 on due date and rest amount paid after 5 days when I remember the bill was 96000

yes on same day 5th july
Then Axis is at fault.
Send an E-Mail to any level and attach the pdf of RBI guidelines and Screeshot of relevant Para, highlighting the relevant line.

Wait for response. If satisfactory response is not received then Register the complaint with RBI BO directly, without waiting for 30 days.

Due date was 06 March , was charged Rs 163+GST for just Rs 545 amount for just 09 days .

Bill TAD was Rs 2545 . 2k was paid as soon as bill was generated . Due to some confusion, had idea that I have paid total bill .

Due date was 06 March , was charged Rs 163+GST for just Rs 545 amount for just 09 days .

Bill TAD was Rs 2545 . 2k was paid as soon as bill was generated . Due to some confusion, had idea that I have paid total bill .
v. Card-issuers shall report a credit card account as 'past due' to credit information companies (CICs) or levy penal charges, viz. late payment charges and other related charges, if any, only when a credit card account remains 'past due' for more than three days. The number of 'days past due' and late payment charges shall, however, be computed from the payment due date mentioned in the credit card statement, as specified under the regulatory instructions on 'Prudential norms on Income Recognition, Asset Classification and Provisioning pertaining to Advances' amended from time to time. Late payment charges and other related charges shall be levied, only on the outstanding amount after the due date, and not on the total amount due.

vi. Interest shall be levied only on the outstanding amount, adjusted for payments/refunds/reversed transactions.

Attachments

Last edited:
Will this show on your credit report as a late payment?

Back