• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Magnus Axis Bank Magnus Card Experience: From Lounge Access to Frustration

DeepSaha

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I recently visited Kolkata Airport and accessed the Kolkata Airport Lounge using my Axis Bank Magnus Card, which boasts "unlimited" lounge access. However, what should have been a smooth, stress-free pre-flight experience turned into an exasperating ordeal that I feel compelled to share with you all.

Upon reviewing my bank statement post-visit, I was astonished to find a perplexing charge of Rs 500, labeled as "TFS, Kolkata." Now, considering that Kolkata Airport's lounge is simply known as "TFS" (Travel and Food Services), logic dictated that this charge should be for lounge access. Axis Bank, however, had a different narrative in mind.

My journey through customer support was no less frustrating. Initially, Axis Bank's Burgundy Support insisted that TFS was not a lounge but a retail store, causing considerable confusion. It took repeated explanations and even the help of a Google search to convince them that TFS was indeed the lounge at Kolkata Airport. A maddening process in its own. With that issue cleared up, I reached out to Axis Bank's support team, who assured me that they would investigate and respond within two days. Unfortunately, those two days stretched into a seemingly endless wait with no response in sight.

In my growing frustration, I took to Twitter, sharing my airport entry time, Uber receipts, flight boarding passes, and timestamps – all clearly indicating that the Rs 500 charge occurred a mere 20 minutes before my flight's departure. Axis Bank's response to my detailed evidence left me perplexed. They insinuated that I must have opted for something beyond my card's benefits, a conclusion that simply didn't align with my lounge access intentions.

My request for a callback to clarify the situation fell on deaf ears, as Axis Bank's response continued to be unhelpful and frustrating. It was as if they were more interested in closing the case as swiftly as possible than addressing my genuine concerns.

Desperate for a resolution, I contacted Axis Bank's MD Desk (Amitabh.Chaudhry@axisbank.com) and PNO (PNO@axisbank.com), but my optimism for a satisfactory outcome was waning.

In conclusion, this experience with the Axis Bank Magnus Card was far from the pleasant, hassle-free journey I had hoped for. It's not just about the Rs 500 charge; it's about the lack of transparency and support from Axis Bank that left me feeling both disappointed and frustrated.

I'm seriously considering parting ways with this card and looking for alternatives that offer unlimited lounge access or fall into the super-premium segment. If you have any recommendations or have encountered similar issues, please share your thoughts. It's essential to stay vigilant and informed when dealing with financial institutions and their services. 🛫💳😡

No, I was charged Rs 500, which I did not notice at that time until the statement as I frequently visit lounges and never had this kind of experience before, plus I had unlimited lounge on this card and neither I was informed of any extra charges by the lounge executive.
Dreamfolks couldn't authenticate your card, The lounge executive should have informed you about this before giving you to the machine to enter the Pin. The machine would have showed 500 for this transaction.

I understand the frustration here, it should have been a seamless experience. Axis relies on dreamfolks here so it's quite hard to convince them it's their mistake. Maybe email dreamfolks support too.

I understand that, but the lounge agent used same POS machine which they were using for others as well and as you mentioned lounge executive's did not mention this charge as well. They always give the machine when its time to enter card pin and not during entering the amount.

However, my question is even if they charged me wrong then as well the pos machine or the transaction details should be there with DreamFolks and Axis bank both and they should sort this out as they have access to those transaction details rather than blindly saying, its not for lounge access when I provided them with all the proofs time and everything possible from my end. And even when the charge clearly states the lounge name and city.

No, I was charged Rs 500, which I did not notice at that time until the statement as I frequently visit lounges and never had this kind of experience before, plus I had unlimited lounge on this card and neither I was informed of any extra charges by the lounge executive.
Did you expressed to executive that you have unlimited free lounges on your card? Or simply given card?

I recently visited Kolkata Airport and accessed the Kolkata Airport Lounge using my Axis Bank Magnus Card, which boasts "unlimited" lounge access. However, what should have been a smooth, stress-free pre-flight experience turned into an exasperating ordeal that I feel compelled to share with you all.

Upon reviewing my bank statement post-visit, I was astonished to find a perplexing charge of Rs 500, labeled as "TFS, Kolkata." Now, considering that Kolkata Airport's lounge is simply known as "TFS" (Travel and Food Services), logic dictated that this charge should be for lounge access. Axis Bank, however, had a different narrative in mind.

My journey through customer support was no less frustrating. Initially, Axis Bank's Burgundy Support insisted that TFS was not a lounge but a retail store, causing considerable confusion. It took repeated explanations and even the help of a Google search to convince them that TFS was indeed the lounge at Kolkata Airport. A maddening process in its own. With that issue cleared up, I reached out to Axis Bank's support team, who assured me that they would investigate and respond within two days. Unfortunately, those two days stretched into a seemingly endless wait with no response in sight.

In my growing frustration, I took to Twitter, sharing my airport entry time, Uber receipts, flight boarding passes, and timestamps – all clearly indicating that the Rs 500 charge occurred a mere 20 minutes before my flight's departure. Axis Bank's response to my detailed evidence left me perplexed. They insinuated that I must have opted for something beyond my card's benefits, a conclusion that simply didn't align with my lounge access intentions.

My request for a callback to clarify the situation fell on deaf ears, as Axis Bank's response continued to be unhelpful and frustrating. It was as if they were more interested in closing the case as swiftly as possible than addressing my genuine concerns.

Desperate for a resolution, I contacted Axis Bank's MD Desk (Amitabh.Chaudhry@axisbank.com) and PNO (PNO@axisbank.com), but my optimism for a satisfactory outcome was waning.

In conclusion, this experience with the Axis Bank Magnus Card was far from the pleasant, hassle-free journey I had hoped for. It's not just about the Rs 500 charge; it's about the lack of transparency and support from Axis Bank that left me feeling both disappointed and frustrated.

I'm seriously considering parting ways with this card and looking for alternatives that offer unlimited lounge access or fall into the super-premium segment. If you have any recommendations or have encountered similar issues, please share your thoughts. It's essential to stay vigilant and informed when dealing with financial institutions and their services. 🛫💳😡
@4uziaul did you faced same ? 😅

Then chargeback, why you are bargaining that too with Axis?

Frustration on axis stopped working of brain 😅
What do you mean by chargeback. I dont think its possible to charge back from any portal and for this kind of scenarios unless the customer care does it from their end.

Last edited:
I am not sure why you're blaming Axis here. I understand you're angry. However, how are they at fault?

For whatever reason TFS charged you Rs. 500. You paid that and you didn't care to look at your charge slip or SMS or email debit notification. Also, I'm not sure what the TFS CCU charge is but I'm sure it's well above Rs. 500.

So obviously Axis (or anybody) will have questions about it. If you paid the lounge fees which I assume would be around Rs. 1200-1300 typically. Then it is a more simple case. Rs. 500 - isn't a simple case at all. Could be a charge for a beer.

You can dispute the charges by calling Axis CC. I'm not sure how far it will go... but you should try.

I am not sure why you're blaming Axis here. I understand you're angry. However, how are they at fault?

For whatever reason TFS charged you Rs. 500. You paid that and you didn't care to look at your charge slip or SMS or email debit notification. Also, I'm not sure what the TFS CCU charge is but I'm sure it's well above Rs. 500.

So obviously Axis (or anybody) will have questions about it. If you paid the lounge fees which I assume would be around Rs. 1200-1300 typically. Then it is a more simple case. Rs. 500 - isn't a simple case at all. Could be a charge for a beer.

You can dispute the charges by calling Axis CC. I'm not sure how far it will go... but you should try.
Absolutely. If you are careless enough not to even look at the screen while entering your pin, just move on, take a lesson out of it, and always look before paying. I believe the fight for 500/- chargeback won’t be worth your time or energy.

Back