• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Bank Savings Account - Use without a debit card?

pothi

TF Ace
RML Group
Since the cost of yearly fee keeps rising, I want to get rid of debit card.

Just now, I received a Visa debit card that costs Rs.300 + GST, as a replacement for the existing RuPay card that is less costlier in general. I am yet to activate the new card.

I don’t really need a debit card. I hardly use / withdraw cash. I am fine with internet banking. I don’t need UPI (from Axis). Is it possible to use Axis bank savings account without the (physical or virtual) debit card?

Solution
I don’t really need a debit card. I hardly use / withdraw cash. I am fine with internet banking. I don’t need UPI (from Axis). Is it possible to use Axis bank savings account without the (physical or virtual) debit card?

Yes, it's very much possible. I do have a DC which I never have to use.

On the other hand, if you were an ICICI SB account holder, you couldn't do transactions via netbanking without a DC !

Yes, it's very much possible. I do have a DC which I never have to use.

On the other hand, if you were an ICICI SB account holder, you couldn't do transactions via netbanking without a DC !

Solution
But most internet Banking apps ask for DC details for verification.

Is that specific to mobile banking only? I believe most banks don't force a DC on you for everyday things like netbanking. In fact ICICI is the only bank which does this amongst the many that I use or have used. This is also the single most important reason why I rarely use my ICICI account.

Just now, I received a Visa debit card that costs Rs.300 + GST, as a replacement for the existing RuPay card that is less costlier in general. I am yet to activate the new card.

Yes you can. I called customer care to cancel all my axis debit cards. Later I took a free rupay atm only card(No online or debit card features). It doesn't have any issuance or renewal fees

Yeah.. its possible..

I setup my net banking with customer id.
& Mobile banking with netbanking details.

Also in future axis might enable aadhar based upi pin.

So you should be good.

Axis bank give a free atm card(only for atm) you can take that.

you can easily use axis account without any debit card...best to take atm card...its free...but u can only do atm cash withdrwl with it....no pos or ecom transaction.....but it will work for other purposes like upi pin change

RM called me after a complaint via Twitter. He basically said the ATM-only-card can be issued only for salary account holders.

I ended up using the Visa variant issued upon renewal as the renewal fee was deducted a month earlier (in October).

I plan to switch to Liberty account after a year along with family banking.

RM called me after a complaint via Twitter. He basically said the ATM-only-card can be issued only for salary account holders.

I ended up using the Visa variant issued upon renewal as the renewal fee was deducted a month earlier (in October).

I plan to switch to Liberty account after a year along with family banking.
U CAN EASILY UPGRADE UR EXISTING debit card to atm card via axis netbanking or app.....never listen to these bank people.....

U CAN EASILY UPGRADE UR EXISTING debit card to atm card via axis netbanking or app.....never listen to these bank people.....

Tried it. I think that's how I got RuPay variant 5 years ago. Now, it says my account is not eligible for upgrades. Not just for debit card, but a few other things aren't working as expected. I will try after a month as this month (November) is the actual month of expiry for the previous card. Like credit cards, there may be a cool off period for debit cards. I don't know. But, I will keep checking once in a while even if I am not lucky next month either.

Back