• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis charging debit card fees for closed debit card

ltf4ever

TF Legend
i had closed my axis debit cards last year in May. they had also reversed the charges and confirmed this via email.

today my account is debited again for debit card charges. i have written to them again, but i genuinely feel that axis is committing fraud. be it closed debit card charges, not crediting reward points to credit cards, reversing cashback given on credit cards, consolidated charges, etc etc and other problems that everyone on this community is facing with axis.

axis is not a small Bank that would do such a basic mistake. i think it is intentional fraud. it is like if you catch them stealing your money, they will return it. and if not, your money is gone.

i know they will refund the charges now that i have written to them and close the matter, but is there any way to highlight this to the regulator? i think raising a ticket with the ombudsman will not help, because axis will say that they have resolved the issue by refunding me the money and rbi will also agree. but what about the 'stealing' of money that they did in the first place? police do not release a robber from jail just because he agrees to returns all the money that he stole, do they?
@TechnoFino i need your suggestions for some long term solutions.

Last edited:
Yeah, this is a corporate level scam. I know this because I worked at Axis bank. All you can do this to close the bank account they won't stop they keep charging money. This happened to the toxic work culture they only promote employees only if they do sales no value for operations due to this people like me who are good in operations resign within a year

Yeah, this is a corporate level scam. I know this because I worked at Axis bank. All you can do this to close the bank account they won't stop they keep charging money. This happened to the toxic work culture they only promote employees only if they do sales no value for operations due to this people like me who are good in operations resign within a year
Sad to see how these banks take their employees and customers for granted.

Reminds me of the time when HDFC charged me for not maintaining MAB. That too on a salary account. 🙄

Back