• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis has added a credit card in my Cibil report even though i didn't activate it.

Googix

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Axis has added a credit card in my Cibil report even though i didn't activate it. I was under the impression it doesnt get added in cibil report if i dont activate it. How to proceed for this?

Yea man already mailed regarding this, they are saying they have not added any additional account. I guess i will have to mail ombudsman if they don't resolve this.

General note: each active axis card has a separate entry in CIBIL ( 2 cards = 2 accounts, 4 cards = 4 accounts), and non-active cards (which was not atall activated at the time of issue, no account in CIBIL).

step 1: first send mail to 'normal customer care' with official report containing axis entry (note: third party reports won't work, there is a reason for that).
step 2: give them a 2-3 days of time, and see their response (since, you already submitted CIBIL report, they can't say "they have not added any additional account", because it clearly visible in CIBIL).
step 3: if issue not resolved, forward that email with re-iterating everything happened so far to 'nodal officer' along with same CIBIL report (note: official one), it can happen mostly after a week.
step 4: wait for 4-5 days (it willl mention in their acknowledge mails), and see their response.
step 5: stil not resolved then forward this mail (which already contains normal customer care response) to 'principal nodal officer' by re-iterataing everything happened with both levels and each time forward same CIBIL report (note: official others won't work) and ask again them remove that entry.
step 6: it might take another 3-4 days (they'll mention in their mails or calls).

If still not resolved, and followed alll three levels (by waiting proper time lines) and CIBIL official report has Axis card entry (the card that is not activated at all), then file the report to 'ombudsman' (after 30 days).

This is actual process to file a complaint with ombudsman and get favorable response. Good lluck!
I'm currently in step 2 waiting for them to reply after i have asked them to remove invalid entry. If you have could you please share nodal and principal nodal officer emails of axis, in their website it gives link to send mail and not show the mail id. Thankss

I'm currently in step 2 waiting for them to reply after i have asked them to remove invalid entry. If you have could you please share nodal and principal nodal officer emails of axis, in their website it gives link to send mail and not show the mail id. Thankss
Seems my issue will be solved in step 2 after some 4 mail replies and in the last one i said its against rbi rules and i would be left with no choice but to raise with rbi ombudsman.
They have acknowledged now its an inactive card and said it would get reflected in cibil and asked me to wait for some time.

Seems my issue will be solved in step 2 after some 4 mail replies and in the last one i said its against rbi rules and i would be left with no choice but to raise with rbi ombudsman.
They have acknowledged now its an inactive card and said it would get reflected in cibil and asked me to wait for some time.
I am also facing same issue. They have added card which i did not activated.

Can you please help me with steps you followed.

in my understanding, cibil enquiry is made whenever the customer asks for credit. credit score tracks how much the person is in need for credit.
in your case, you at least had a card issued, so i think it is fair that the banks reported it to cibil, whether you use that credit or not.
in many other cases, cibil hit is done even when you only check your eligibility and don't move forward with application. eg. tata neu card.

can you share the RBI rule that you mentioned? maybe i can also try to get some of my enquiries where i just checked the eligibility without moving forward with my application.

in my understanding, cibil enquiry is made whenever the customer asks for credit. credit score tracks how much the person is in need for credit.
in your case, you at least had a card issued, so i think it is fair that the banks reported it to cibil, whether you use that credit or not.
in many other cases, cibil hit is done even when you only check your eligibility and don't move forward with application. eg. tata neu card.

can you share the RBI rule that you mentioned? maybe i can also try to get some of my enquiries where i just checked the eligibility without moving forward with my application.
If you check for your elibility, it will have a cibil hit. I don't think you can remove it, since u are looking for applying for a card.
My case, i did had an enquiry for credit card but it shouldn't be added in my cibil if i dont activate it.

I am also facing same issue. They have added card which i did not activated.

Can you please help me with steps you followed.
Go to this link, click email support and choose the option as raise dispute and choose other query and ask about the credit card account added in your cibil report with cibil report of your name and just your axis components attached. They will revert back with they haven't added any new account and it was all your credit cards. Just revert them about not activated shouldn't be added to cibil and you will raise issue with rbi ombudsman if axis fails to resolve this. Good luck

If you check for your elibility, it will have a cibil hit. I don't think you can remove it, since u are looking for applying for a card.
My case, i did had an enquiry for credit card but it shouldn't be added in my cibil if i dont activate it.
oh so you mean you card account was added?! i thought you were talking just about the enquiry. my bad.

but you would benefit from it, right? your total credit line will be more so less utllilization %.

and if it is 'inactive' then why worry?

i still have a card account as inactive, that i closed in 2020.

oh so you mean you card account was added?! i thought you were talking just about the enquiry. my bad.

but you would benefit from it, right? your total credit line will be more so less utllilization %.

and if it is 'inactive' then why worry?

i still have a card account as inactive, that i closed in 2020.
I'm not sure about benefiting from it, i already have 2 axis cards and total limit is 6L. Wanted a clean CIBIL so i dont get issues in future
And already battling with SBI to remove a loan account in my name which i have no clue about and its SBI so you know how its going :cry:

Back