• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Magnus | Flight booking worth 93k | Best way to book

Hi

I am booking a flight from New delhi to London (return) which is currently worth 93k. I have not yet reached my monthly spend yet. i have spent only 25-30k for month of Feb.

Please suggest what's the best way to book cheapest ticket with maximum rewards points. Currently i am thinking to use travel edge (x5 points) but i have got no discount/promo code to apply on travel edge.

1675520800002.png

Yatra vouchers won’t be useful , as Yatra has only 5k vouchers , in a ticket you can only redeem 3 vouchers , so you will end up paying 78k with base rewards , max you will earn will be some 13.6k edge rewards , instead if you book directly from travel edge , you will earn 5x on entire 93k , almost double of what you would earn using Yatra vouchers. Plus travel edge accelerated points are credited in 20-25 days where gyftr will take 120 days. It’s a no brainier that you should use travel edge for this transaction .

Yatra vouchers won’t be useful , as Yatra has only 5k vouchers , in a ticket you can only redeem 3 vouchers , so you will end up paying 78k with base rewards , max you will earn will be some 13.6k edge rewards , instead if you book directly from travel edge , you will earn 5x on entire 93k , almost double of what you would earn using Yatra vouchers. Plus travel edge accelerated points are credited in 20-25 days where gyftr will take 120 days. It’s a no brainier that you should use travel edge for this transaction .

So that means around 27900ER through travel Edge plus 25k for the Milestone? 🤯

I would also suggest go for direct booking on travel edge. I booked a return ticket from Kolkata-Adelaide (return) for a total of 83k using travel edge and got 24,900 points for that booking + it helped me achieve the milestone benefit so extra 25k points from there. MMT and Yatra were giving me offers such as 5k/8k off but in the grand scheme of things, 24.9k ER made more sense if I were to covert it to CV (almost 20k CV) and use it for domestic travel

I would also suggest go for direct booking on travel edge. I booked a return ticket from Kolkata-Adelaide (return) for a total of 83k using travel edge and got 24,900 points for that booking + it helped me achieve the milestone benefit so extra 25k points from there. MMT and Yatra were giving me offers such as 5k/8k off but in the grand scheme of things, 24.9k ER made more sense if I were to covert it to CV (almost 20k CV) and use it for domestic travel
That one transaction is enough to get you to Norway just on the basis of miles. 🤯

H
How long did it take for the accelerated rps to credit?

Back