• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis magnus gyftr voucher purchase 5x points denied

Karthi52

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I have always been at the receiving end of the worst customer care service in indian banking since long . I have been holding on to them mainly due to their earlier priority account cashback offer and now their credit cards. have very bad experiences with them and have managed to solve some and lose some. have gone to the Banking Ombudsman multiple times with some failures there also.

Now i have NRE account with them and got select card in 2021 and got magnus in 2022. most of the grabdeals transaction never actually tracked with select earlier.
Later started buying gv for everything from their gyftr website and started using in ecommerce sites instead of using grabdeals directly. and now i see they have credited only around 50-55% elegible points for september -october ( significant transaction done only during that period) . i calculated all the transactions and sent to the premium mail id i got from some helpful people here.
But they keep replying that i am holding NRI account so only base points will be credited. i keep asking how did i get 55% bonus points and have also accrued some points through grabdeals whenever they tracked . they have no clue and keep replying their gyftr team is replying with the same resolution.
Please advise what should i do.
I am even ready to close the NRI account if needed as i am maintaining 2 lakhs with no use.

James2307mr

TF Premier
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Do you know whether NRI accounts are applicable for these type of rewards?

If not sure, ask them to share the terms and conditions which state that NRI accounts aren't eligible for the rewards. It might lead you somewhere.

Hopefully others from the group can also chime in to help you.

Karthi52

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Just curious - any particular reason why you are continuing your patronage to Axis bank ?
Nothing special.Earlier had this priority banking 10% cashback offer. So opened 3 more accounts and they are linked with family banking. Have to close each one. And i work in ships and they take atleast one month to change salary credit after i join bak ,so there is a high risk of salary credit getting returned if the account is closed.

roadrunner

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Nothing special.Earlier had this priority banking 10% cashback offer. So opened 3 more accounts and they are linked with family banking. Have to close each one. And i work in ships and they take atleast one month to change salary credit after i join bak ,so there is a high risk of salary credit getting returned if the account is closed.
Thank you. I am keeping Axis bank account only due to the Magnus card. I hold a liberty account (opened exclusively to service my credit card).
Reading about the user experience by customers at the hands of customer care team; I wonder if upgrading to Burgundy will help.
In any case, I go trouble my branch folks when I have issues.

Karthi52

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Thank you. I am keeping Axis bank account only due to the Magnus card. I hold a liberty account (opened exclusively to service my credit card).
Reading about the user experience by customers at the hands of customer care team; I wonder if upgrading to Burgundy will help.
In any case, I go trouble my branch folks when I have issues.
just a query . a savings account can be closed with credit cards still active rite.? i intend to close it tomorrow as i keep getting the same replies from them

roadrunner

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
just a query . a savings account can be closed with credit cards still active rite.? i intend to close it tomorrow as i keep getting the same replies from them
Yes. You can close Savings (SB) account while having an active credit card. The advantage of having SB is that, any amount credited from SB to Credit card, gets adjusted instantly against the credit card due balance.

TheMentalist

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I have always been at the receiving end of the worst customer care service in indian banking since long . I have been holding on to them mainly due to their earlier priority account cashback offer and now their credit cards. have very bad experiences with them and have managed to solve some and lose some. have gone to the Banking Ombudsman multiple times with some failures there also.

Now i have NRE account with them and got select card in 2021 and got magnus in 2022. most of the grabdeals transaction never actually tracked with select earlier.
Later started buying gv for everything from their gyftr website and started using in ecommerce sites instead of using grabdeals directly. and now i see they have credited only around 50-55% elegible points for september -october ( significant transaction done only during that period) . i calculated all the transactions and sent to the premium mail id i got from some helpful people here.
But they keep replying that i am holding NRI account so only base points will be credited. i keep asking how did i get 55% bonus points and have also accrued some points through grabdeals whenever they tracked . they have no clue and keep replying their gyftr team is replying with the same resolution.
Please advise what should i do.
I am even ready to close the NRI account if needed as i am maintaining 2 lakhs with no use.
Do you know whether NRI accounts are applicable for these type of rewards?

If not sure, ask them to share the terms and conditions which state that NRI accounts aren't eligible for the rewards. It might lead you somewhere.

Hopefully others from the group can also chime in to help you.
TnC shared in this thread : https://www.technofino.in/community...serve-axis-magnus-axis-atlas.3987/post-206085