• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Magnus > HDFC Infinia for Avios Transfer Specific Use Case

rogerthat

TF Ace
HDFC transfers reward points at the ratio of 2:1 for Qatar and BA partners only while it is indeed 1:1 for everything else.

This means that if you transfer your HDFC Infinia reward points to Qatar or BA you get only 1.67% returns for regular spends (instead of the flat 3.33% which is advertised everywhere) which is pathetic. At the same time Magnus even after devaluation has a flat transfer rate of Edge Reward points at 5:2 for all partners. This means you will get a return of 2.4% in case of Avios transfer. Not great either but better. If you combine Magnus with Select you can even manage up to 4% returns on grocery/supermarket/dept store and clothing shopping spends.

For accelerated (Gyftr) transactions (5x) it is the same. While Infinia gives 8.3% Magnus returns 12%! However for Amazon vouchers specifically (2x) Axis falls behind with only 4.8% return. However this can change anytime. Magnus 3x gives 7.2% while 4x gives 9.6%.

And it looks like more OneWorld partners will adopt Avois as their FF miles currency by next year (starting with Finnair in March) which means that Infinia will further lose an edge (pun intended).

Infinia is still the better card overall no doubt but for this specific use case Magnus is better. Also, does anyone know why HDFC keeps such a poor conversion rate for Avios? This is particularly hurting because you will get back only half the value for annual/renewal fees.

D7162

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Magnus or Infinia valo ko ladta hu dekh k ind pak match vali feel aa jati hai.. Guys keep calm.. jisko infinia acha lage wo infinia le.. jisko burgundy lage wo le.. kyu tension lene ka.. itna pros and cons ek dusre ka axis or hdfc bhi nhi bol rhe honge

Just stick to the original post topic please

drsel

TF Legend
Before all these multiple discussions about the magnus devaluation started, i didnt even realise that I could get a 24% return on Traveledge , and I used to book airtickets on the travel aggregators and be happy with the 10% discount up to 10000!

Last edited: